Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

New hardware? Reseat everything.
Not a bad idea. I may try this next time it crashes.
Temperatures look OK?

If the kernel module is really as bleeding edge as it seems, it might just be hitting an edge case in the driver. Shit run amok in kernel space will halt the machine.
Yeah, temps seem fine.

That said, Folks on the Unraid forums showed me how to enable the syslog server, so I should have better data on whats going on soon.

nope, memtest can pick up "soft errors" too. read that previous thread i linked. Two different people were having memory instability issues.

Ensure you have set the ram voltage to what it says on the ram package, not what the bios defaults to.

No video card sir.

apple ii 80s GIF

nope, memtest can pick up "soft errors" too. read that previous thread i linked. Two different people were having memory instability issues.

Ensure you have set the ram voltage to what it says on the ram package, not what the bios defaults to.
did you confirm your ram voltage yet?

Have you done a memtest yet? Remember, you're transcoding into a ramdisk.
I'm still transcoding to nvme, so unlikely to be RAM. Seems more than a few people are having this issue (although mine isn't exactly the same).

I'm going to go ahead and let the parity check finish, then let it sit for at least another day, before I attempt anything else.

I was going to swap a 500GB M2 SSD for the server's existing boot drive (a very old 250GB ATA SSD), but I ordered the wrong adapter. Instead of a mini-PCIe to M2 adapter, they sent me an M2 to mini-PCIe adapter. LOL.

I'm still transcoding to nvme, so unlikely to be RAM. Seems more than a few people are having this issue (although mine isn't exactly the same).

I'm going to go ahead and let the parity check finish, then let it sit for at least another day, before I attempt anything else.
i cant help you if you're not gonna follow instructions :p