Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

That's a libc or libstdc++ header. Should be there by default, unless your distro splits things into lib and dev packages (in which case, it'd be libc-dev or libstdc++-dev with an appropriate version number).
Yeah, this is a canned cygwin build environment that a co-worker set me up with that "works on my computer, I don't know why it doesn't work on yours, it should just work, I have no idea, sorry"

(dude, you're responsible for the fucking software, make your build environment work...)

Yeah, this is a canned cygwin build environment that a co-worker set me up with that "works on my computer, I don't know why it doesn't work on yours, it should just work, I have no idea, sorry"

(dude, you're responsible for the fucking software, make your build environment work...)
Be glad he didn't give you a fucking Docker image.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I think part of the reason why I don't remember having to do that has to do with the fact that I haven't actually reinstalled that system since the '97-'98 timeframe. It's been updated with apt since Debian Hamm.

The system is back up-ish, got my RAID array mounted, rebuilding my users and repopulating my SQL databases with all my backups.

Because unless you spent a lot of time on it, there was probably tons of old shit in there. Yeah, I know it doesn't really matter, but the thought irritates me.
Nah, I checked each version transition to make sure I wasn't bringing any unwanted cruft after the upgrade.

It was < 6GB fully installed when it croaked.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie