Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

So I actually had a wonderful experience with Frontier support. I filed a ticket on DSLReports to have my ONT switched to ethernet. The social media team coordinated it, but failed to notify me until after the switch was complete. Once complete, I realized that I was not going to be able to achieve my wireless only as easy. I've still got a few ethernet only devices left (like my SmartThings hub).

Amazingly, I contacted chat support and the person not only knew what an ONT was, but was also able to switch it back to coax in under 5 minutes from start to finish, including my verification! Crazy.

So for now I have my FiOS router in bridge mode, with the Orbi connected to it doing all the work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
So I actually had a wonderful experience with Frontier support. I filed a ticket on DSLReports to have my ONT switched to ethernet. The social media team coordinated it, but failed to notify me until after the switch was complete. Once complete, I realized that I was not going to be able to achieve my wireless only as easy. I've still got a few ethernet only devices left (like my SmartThings hub).

Amazingly, I contacted chat support and the person not only knew what an ONT was, but was also able to switch it back to coax in under 5 minutes from start to finish, including my verification! Crazy.

So for now I have my FiOS router in bridge mode, with the Orbi connected to it doing all the work.

Orbi only has a WAN port? No way to hang a switch off of it?

@Jehannum you got any mdraid raid6 benchmarks for sequential writes? Seems the internet hasnt bothered to bench anything post 2011.

I need to be convinced that mdraid isnt slow as shit still.

May work. I'm not sure if the plug includes a little transformer or not, though. It goes from 120V to 5V I think

My mouse must've clicked in the middle of the link when I went to edit it. Try this

Amazon product ASIN B01LCV97AY

Those are 2-wire waterproof connectors. I don't see any other specs though.

If it's knocked down to something<120 obvs need a wall wart/transformer if that's not built into the unit.

If they originally came with just a simple power cord most anything will work.

Need a link to the actual projector.

Those are 2-wire waterproof connectors. I don't see any other specs though.

If it's knocked down to something<120 obvs need a wall wart/transformer if that's not built into the unit.

If they originally came with just a simple power cord most anything will work.

Need a link to the actual projector.
Keep reading

:lol: Can you sell me a VPS in your datacenter?
comparatively my shit is pretty weak. I used to be datacenter class compared to most nerds, but these days? not so much

single 4u box. 20 hotswap bays, dual proc 16 core system, 96 gigs ram, 60tb raid6 on the areca.

processing and memory wise, there are mid range ryzen desktops that beat me.