Food Quick cooking thread - post ingredients, get ideas.

Taht has to be about the most popular white trash redneck meal I have ever seen. I don't care for ANY of those ingredients in that sandwich, even the bread.

When I was little we were really friggin poor too, but it didn't stop me from having an amazing childhood with lots of love and fun. I had a ton of friends and a really great family and I loved every minute of it. I didn't care that we ate a lot of pasta and chipped beef and other cheap stuff. It never occurred to me to complain except when they made me eat brussel sprouts *barf*. Dinner time especially was great because we'd just sit around and talk and laugh and stuff. As for the food, I didn't know any better. And yes, bologna was a sandwich meat I ate often.

When I was young, we were so poor we sometimes had to smoke our own salmon and dig our own truffles. Even as an adult there have been times when I had to resort to non vintage wines. During the last recession we had to make the butler part-time.

Last edited:
When I was little we were really friggin poor too, but it didn't stop me from having an amazing childhood with lots of love and fun. I had a ton of friends and a really great family and I loved every minute of it. I didn't care that we ate a lot of pasta and chipped beef and other cheap stuff. It never occurred to me to complain except when they made me eat brussel sprouts *barf*. Dinner time especially was great because we'd just sit around and talk and laugh and stuff. As for the food, I didn't know any better. And yes, bologna was a sandwich meat I ate often.

Same here. When you are young you just don't have the ability to grasp you living conditions. Not to say my were bad. We just went through a period were money was very tight. My parents were fantastic though. Instead of going to international holiday resorts like WaW, we went camping instead. I learnt so much more camping than I would have in a hotel room. As my father ranked up in the Navy over the years our quality of living got much better. Now they are doing just great.

I've seen both ends of the spectrum, trust me. I mostly grew up with my grandparents who are well off but I also lived with my mom for a few years in a whacked out bible commune/cult and was on food stamps living in cinder block walled dorms. kind of scary when it's discernible that you're the sanest one for miles around and you aren't even 10 years old