Food Quick cooking thread - post ingredients, get ideas.

make a rudimentary pasta dish with diced tomatoes, wilted spinach, yellow courgettes chunked, broccoli mushrooms, tossed in some garlic and olive oil tossed pasta.

You could make a pasta bake (well you can't, but most people could) by putting the above mixture in a casserole (or hot dish if you are Midwestern) dish, cover with cheese, and bake until just starting to turn brown.

Something like this
Sausage_Brocolli_Pasta.192200216_std.jpg

You could do Mexican-style (ish) recipe.

Quarter the new potatoes. "stir fry" the potatoes (just slowly stir in a pan of oil). stir in some already-cooked bacon, already-cooked chorizo, and diced tomatoes. Cover with cheese. You could make up some flour tortillas to serve with it. Season if you like with salt, pepper, chili pepper.
potatoeschorizo1.jpg

Chorizo and Potatoes Ingredients:

2 links of gluten free Chorizo

2-4 Potatoes

Spanish Olive Oil

Course Sea Salt & Pepper

handful of chopped Fresh parsley

Traditionally added smoked Spanish paprika (I didn’t use)

Directions:

Peel your potatoes and toss into a bowl of cold water. Dice your chorizo. Next heat your pan to medium high. Take the potatoes out of the water and dry before dicing. Add the oil to the pan and when it’s hot add in the potatoes. Once they start to brown a little add in a little water to create steam. Put a lid on them until the liquid is gone. This will allow the potatoes to cook inside and have a fluffy center. This is a technique I saw Melissa d’Arabian, from The Food Network, use for her potatoes. She finished hers off in the oven instead of the stove.

Add in a little more olive oil and the chorizo to your pan. Depending on how many things you have cooking at once will determine the heat level. I had all three of these dishes going so I turned the heat down so they would get a slow crisp. Worked great. Once crisp you can add in the salt and pepper and then the paprika if you are using it.

tapas-potatoes-and-chorizo.JPG

Make a salad from cold peas, lettuce, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms. Make some bacon bits. Shred some cheese to top. Toss in some salt, pepper, olive oil, vinager.

Serve with a side of Mexican rice = rice mixed in with some diced tomatoes, chorizo chunks, pepper, salt, paprika, stopped in cheese.

You could saute the mushrooms in some olive oil and white or red wine and cool before adding to the salad.

You could do Mexican-style (ish) recipe.

Quarter the new potatoes. "stir fry" the potatoes (just slowly stir in a pan of oil). stir in some already-cooked bacon, already-cooked chorizo, and diced tomatoes. Cover with cheese. You could make up some flour tortillas to serve with it. Season if you like with salt, pepper, chili pepper.

or crack some eggs over that and make a fritatta

or crack some eggs over that and make a fritatta

She didn't list eggs, but yes. Or she could almost do a potato Mexican hash, topped with a fried egg.

Or she has the start of a good bubble and squeak actually.

Turn left out of front door. Walk. Cross road at end of street. Walk into KFC. Buy. Eat.
Should read:

Turn left out of front door. Walk. Turn left at the bottom of the street, turn right immediately. Walk for approximately 15 minutes, turn left after bridge and proceed to roundabout. Take the third exit at the roundabout and then take your third exit. Follow the road around until you smell an obxiously-whiffing whiskey house. Open front door of house. Take first left and find money on fireplace. Take money and do your journey in reverse with a quick stop at KFC on the way.

Now if anybody has your address they can easily googlemap and find my house too!!