Pics Poost ye dagz.

Uh, they do vary pretty widely in size, but I would expect a healthy heeler to be about 1/2 to 2/3rds that weight.

So, was he a ridiculous chonk?
He was hefty but not seriously so. He read as a GSD in my peripherals because his frame was so big. Didn't see much white interspersed either.

dag

201023949Resized20201020135504.jpg

Chewie's back from her 17th yearly checkup and she's got one or more of: 1) upper respiratory infection, 2) dental infection, or 3) lung cancer.

So she's on 10 days of antibiotics, and if that doesn't clear up her swollen lymph nodes and persistent cough, we'll have to go back and reassess.

Don't think I'm going to put her through much in the way of surgical intervention if it is the cancer.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
That's awful.
One of ours had that. Chemo knocked it down and got him another 3 or 4 months, then it came surging back and it was time...
Sorry.
Yeah, she's 17 years old. I'm not going to put her through chemo just to limp through the holidays. She's on prednisone now which will hopefully carry her through in relative comfort until the at-home vet services can come and euthanize her.

(This is of course assuming that the pathology is conclusive. The xray and other symptoms are consistent, though.)

Yeah, she's 17 years old. I'm not going to put her through chemo just to limp through the holidays. She's on prednisone now which will hopefully carry her through in relative comfort until the at-home vet services can come and euthanize her.

(This is of course assuming that the pathology is conclusive. The xray and other symptoms are consistent, though.)

That's the best you can do. Don't prolong suffering.
The chemo didn't take a terrible toll on ours. Still living at some level of quality not just existing but he was younger (10) and kept his appetite through it all. Makes a big difference.
Was obvious when it was time to end it.

That's the best you can do. Don't prolong suffering.
The chemo didn't take a terrible toll on ours. Still living at some level of quality not just existing but he was younger (10) and kept his appetite through it all. Makes a big difference.
Was obvious when it was time to end it.
So, the vet oncologist seemed very positive about her prospects, because she's in good shape and spirits, so we're doing some more lab tests to see what kind of lymphoma it is, and then we'll re-evaluate from there.

So, the vet oncologist seemed very positive about her prospects, because she's in good shape and spirits, so we're doing some more lab tests to see what kind of lymphoma it is, and then we'll re-evaluate from there.

Well well!

Wasn't sure if they'd consider her a good candidate maybe cause you mentioned anorexic or something. Figured that was a bit exaggerated for effect but meant reduced appetite, underweight to some degree.
They make advancements in those treatments all the time and ours was several years ago now.

Good luck to you and yours.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Well well!

Wasn't sure if they'd consider her a good candidate maybe cause you mentioned anorexic or something. Figured that was a bit exaggerated for effect but meant reduced appetite, underweight to some degree.
They make advancements in those treatments all the time and ours was several years ago now.

Good luck to you and yours.
She's definitely underweight, but after we took her off the antibiotics, she gained the weight she lost on the antibiotics back, and has a good appetite.

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer