Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
out here the govt is very aggressively destroying small businesses
scary shit

My town is finally going to do more to help the homeless.

We're going to achieve this by spending well over 8 million dollars to buy a property valued at almost 1/3 that much on the tax roles. Then convert it to a shelter that costs over 2 million dollars per year to operate. All to service no more than 100 people.

It would literally be cheaper to just buy them all a modest house and pay for their utilities and food forever.

Yet another example of good intentions run afoul through grift and graft and backroom deals and brother-in-law contracts and bribes and politicians raping the taxpayer for millions all the while telling them they are horrible people and hate their fellow man if they dare oppose it.

• Sad
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi
My town is finally going to do more to help the homeless.

We're going to achieve this by spending well over 8 million dollars to buy a property valued at almost 1/3 that much on the tax roles. Then convert it to a shelter that costs over 2 million dollars per year to operate. All to service no more than 100 people.

It would literally be cheaper to just buy them all a modest house and pay for their utilities and food forever.

Yet another example of good intentions run afoul through grift and graft and backroom deals and brother-in-law contracts and bribes and politicians raping the taxpayer for millions all the while telling them they are horrible people and hate their fellow man if they dare oppose it.
its the burden of tax bullshit baba every (almost) country has this and the fact that the rate of "influential" people who arent accountable is increasing is a major fuck up
fuck i really thought that with this whole internet business, which is literally the biggest thing in my life so far, was gonna solve a lot of problems, make things more transparent, bring people closer together etc. but instead it mostly brings out the shittiest nature of people like a gutter thats been opened

sorry baba rant over

@Maureen you were asking several pages back about I think justifying people not cooperating with the "authorities" (ICE, CBP, cops, etc) when you know you or they have broken the law. I wanted to make sure to bring up civil disobedience - one form of "protest," besides demonstrations (what has now largely become toothless "marches" but which used to act as a literal demonstration of numbers & power) is civil disobedience, which can include a refusal to comply with laws that are unjust (or in the case of immigration, one COULD think the letter of the law was just but not the way the law is being carried out via a vis the conditions in these camps).

could you comply & rat out the lady next door with 3 kids whose only "crime" was the nonviolent act of entering the country if you know that doing so will not achieve any actual "justice" but land them in these camps, separated, sleeping on cold concrete floors & denied access to things required for even the most basic hygiene care indefinitely?
hmmm good scenario here.
no i would not rat out the lady with three kids.

how are these camps even standing ? like how is this being allowed in this time in history in the united states of america?

i feel the media sensationalizes soooo much of what’s happening...

• Gravy
Reactions: august
hmmm good scenario here.

how are these camps even standing ? like how is this being allowed in this time in history in the united states of america?

Theyre for profit

hmmm good scenario here.

Our media does sensationalize a lot. Cable "news" isn't news in the States, it's entertainment and preaching to the choir depending on which channel you watch. However, the part about sleeping on cold floors without blankets and being denied basic hygiene care is really happening. A lawyer for the gov't recently appeared in court and admitted it was happening and attempted to defend it.

We need to create and grow an underclass, because that’s the tool most Americans use to feel better about themselves.

It’s like a being a confused, scared dog who is being threatened by something they don’t understand, so they bite the dog next to them who had nothing to do with them being threatened.

Our media does sensationalize a lot. Cable "news" isn't news in the States, it's entertainment and preaching to the choir depending on which channel you watch. However, the part about sleeping on cold floors without blankets and being denied basic hygiene care is really happening. A lawyer for the gov't recently appeared in court and admitted it was happening and attempted to defend it.
this would never go down here. the human rights activists would be ALL over it.

i have had TONS AND TONNNNNS of friends who have been deported from canada and they ALL say the same thing, they are detained in a hotel, with cableTV , comfy beds, hot showers, food... straight hotel life.

America is a meany

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL

i have had TONS AND TONNNNNS of friends who have been deported from canada and they ALL say the same thing, they are detained in a hotel, with cableTV , comfy beds, hot showers, food... straight hotel life.

America is a meany
You only have 39 million people, and maybe 40,000 illegals. It's a way more affordable population.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

America is a meany
We have a dysfunctional administration that imposed a strict immigration policy without making any preparations. As a result the border is a cluster fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.