Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, I did a cost analysis of vaping (using a volcano) vs smoking about five years ago. I was going through 3 times as much pot by vaping.

Being the picky bastard I am, I even went so far as to weigh everything and keep track of use. As soon as I had the results, I sold my volcano.

Of course, that was before I was growing my own and I may be able to use one now.
Vaping is probably way easier on your lungs and circulation, though. You can re-use the brown vaped weed: cook wth it, or let your roommate mix it with the green in the bong.

BUTTER OBAMA
"The Trump administration announced its zero tolerance policy in April [2018]. Adults crossing between border checkpoints are criminally charged, and children traveling with them are separated and placed in temporary shelters. Prior to zero tolerance, children and parents were kept together in ICE detention facilities for a maximum of 20 days before they were released with ankle monitors to await their court hearing."

hey, if you can't bring yourself to care about the conditions these human beings are being subjected to, maybe you could at least try to be consistent in opposing the increased cost to taxpayers under this administration

"but august, the separation policy has ended!"

9xqvlKX.jpg

Last edited:
and your argument is... you do? or ???

or is there maybe a difference in the conditions of these camps as well as how long folks are detained, how families are being separated, etc (hint: yes. there is.)

it's about human beings you fucking walnut, and if. you still think I consider Obama or dems as "my team" at this point idk what to tell you because you are clearly intellectually disabled and I lack the skills and resources to teach you how to read.

what solutions are you offering? and how can I be expected to even propose a solution when y'all are so hellbent on denying a problem exists in the first place?
I'm sure you know that accusations of "virtue signaling" are just projections of their own lack of empathy. HHH and his ilk don't give a shit so they just assume nobody else does, it's unbelievable to them that others could want people they've never met to not suffer needlessly. They'll throw out bullshit about foreign sweatshops but that's just another way for them to claim US superiority and pretend they're moral.

Counterpoint: they're concentration camps.
I agree for the most part - but I think it kinda depends on why the person is there. An undesirable from anywhere is primarily being detained. BRoad brushing all camps as concentration takes away the underlying reason why people there.
1.) no there's disagreement on the terminology because some people are trying to add modifiers to find any way avoid calling them concentration camps - that's the only reason for literally inventing criteria that isn't and has never been part of the definition
b.) "being caught trying to enter" is a funny way of describing people who cross the border at a port of entry and declare that they are seeking asylum, which is literally and legally the correct way to do it & which makes up a great portion of those detained
III.) do you not think the folks at the border are being contained for control and abuse purposes? do you really believe that conditions are the way they are, and which you agree are bad, for some other reason? do you not recognize that they're using these inhumane conditions as a deterrent? or are you really just trying to argue that the most important thing to argue, the crux of this issue, the hill to die on, is that we shouldn't call them that which they by definition are because of some nonsense criteria you've imagined?
You are focusing on one area and one group of people - the Mexicans to the south. Immigration and Border PAtrol have to stop, round-up and detain gang members from Russia, China,etc. and wanted people from other places where we have extradition agreements. Those people are being detained, not concentrated. I like the two different terms because I feel it's more honest about what is going on. The MExican's are in a concentration camp because it's not about them being so undesirable, it's about them being MExican. THe other fucks are being detained - basically it's prison. Sadly, both groups are getting the same treatment and conditions.

TIL that in Nazi Germany, Jews, gypsies, gays, and everyone that were sent to concentration camps were "allowed and accepted"

Wonder why they were sent to concentration camps if they were so allowed and accepted?
I agree - that is a perfect example of a concentration camp. They were put in the camps for who they were, not what they had done(ok, maybe the gay it was performance based). It was often very peaceful between the various people in EUrope before the whole Nazi build up. My grandfather, the mayor, gave a speech in the town square in Czechoslovakia imploring the Jews town folk not to leave, the Kaiser had brokered a deal and the Nazis would not be invading. A few weeks later they did and gramps was snatched up as a sympathizer. The old man really believed all would be cool. They had a synagogue and a big church within walking distance of the town square.

Vaping is probably way easier on your lungs and circulation, though. You can re-use the brown vaped weed: cook wth it, or let your roommate mix it with the green in the bong.

Agreed. My brains have been focused mainly on cost for the past 10 years or so, and that’s a mindset that’s hard to change, for me.

PS roomie is clean, thank gods.

Honest question-

Is referring to migrants at the border as “Mexicans” proper, or just easier? To me, it seems using that logic, even a European trying to cross at the southern border is also a “Mexican”.

Trying to learn here. That sounds weird to me.

Edit didn’t mean to sound like a sniveling dick sorry

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Is it an ICE Detention Center or a Concentration Camp? If nobody is camping can we actually call it a "camp"? So is it a Concentration Detention Center? But Concentration Detention Center doesn't sound evil enough. Sigh...this is so confusing.

Our media kinda sucks, o maybe it’s the ambiguity in the answers they get from “official” sources, or publicly viewable documents, I dunno.

Just how much exactly is the cost of the drone that “Iran” shot down? So far, I’ve heard

“Millions of dollars”
$110 million
$180 million
$130 million

Which, in my layman’s opinion, are all grossly inflated numbers. I have a hard time believing, even adding in R&D, that drones can’t be constructed for 1/5 of the lowest number I’ve heard. Palms greased, corruption, etc, is THE defense budget, I guess.

The government and/or media would be a lot easier to trust if they’d just be a little more consistent. Constantly changing figures like that just sounds like dishonesty. IMO of course.

Sadly, both groups are getting the same treatment and conditions.
but the government doesn't think it's sad, the government is defending this treatment *of children* in front of high courts.
Sarah Fabian, the lawyer for the state up there arguing that people, CHILDREN, can be safe & sanitary without soap, toothpaste, & sleep is also the same lawyer who delayed reuniting 100+ kids with their families because she had a dogsitting commitment.

writing this off as though it's a necessary evil or accidental byproduct of something necessary or whatever is giving these monsters way too much credit.

Honest question-

Is referring to migrants at the border as “Mexicans” proper, or just easier? To me, it seems using that logic, even a European trying to cross at the southern border is also a “Mexican”.

It's just easier, especially for the racists that support the actions against these folk. Most of them are passing through Mexico, not actually Mexican

Honest question-

There's an official category for people coming across the southern border called OTM, (Other Than Mexican).

Can look up the stats. While not a majority there's more than one might think and they're not all from central or south America either.

"Mexicans" is just an easier catch-all term. It at least covers the majority but no it's not accurate.

Honest question-

most of them are not mexican these days. Theyre central american for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.