Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not law abiding, you're brainwashed. Nothing wrong with theft (from corporations) if you need the basics in life.

Also you used to download music. They say that's theft. You're obviously drawing a line somewhere and its not with the law.

bs. just because you need something doesn't make it ok to steal it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I agree.

That isn't a reason why a law stops anyone. Codifying the social contract isn't going to stop someone who was going to break it stop. They have already decided to do whatever, writing down that it is bad isn't going to stop them.

Look we're arguing deterrence theory, i.e. the severity of the punishment outweighs the gain. The caveat is always it's more effective when people don't expect to get caught. Also we have rolled back severity of punishment alot. Felony theft in MD is 1500$ in one go. Anything under that is a $500 ticket max. If you get away with a grand and pay $500 ticket (usually gets reduced), wow that's 500$ and that's only if you get caught.

My opinion: Underlying principles are more important than actual laws. Stealing shit never occurred to me as an option until I saw hundreds of people getting away with it and I still can't do it. It's just wrong. I was homeless for a long time. I'm know what to do to steal shit successfully, I am more educated about locks than most locksmiths. I still never did anything wrong or "illegal."

Law abiding is a state of mind not something that exists because there are laws.
I was a master thief when young. I stopped around 18. Stealing is always an option, just like taking your foot off of the brake and rolling out in front of a speeding semi. You don't seem to have a very broad imagination. You also seem to have lost the idea of self-preservation and collecting of assets - which is common among the people you end up catching. This is a "poors" mind-set issue. You never did anything illegal - if you were homeless you were probably guilty of vagrancy. Again, broken self-preservation. You're a white man in America, and now you apparently have Internet access - come'on bro, use that privilege a little.

Be silly not too. It'll also be covered by insurance.
Many larger corps don't buy insurance, they are self-insured. Even for vehicles driven by their employees - they may use a risk management firm to handle claims but that's as far as they go. Here is the USA examples would be GM, Best Buy, Sears, Ford, Chrysler There is no point in buying insurance for routine losses that you can cover the hit on. The money used to run the insurance companies is a waste if you don't need them.

Many larger corps don't buy insurance, they are self-insured. Even for vehicles driven by their employees - they may use a risk management firm to handle claims but that's as far as they go. Here is the USA examples would be GM, Best Buy, Sears, Ford, Chrysler There is no point in buying insurance for routine losses that you can cover the hit on. The money used to run the insurance companies is a waste if you don't need them.
I highly doubt they don't have any insurance. That would be silly.

I highly doubt they don't have any insurance. That would be silly.
Then why have security personnel? They write off the loss, they don't insure against it. But they'd rather avoid it - hence "loss prevention agents".

Other large businesses often don't carry insurance for certain losses because there is no need to pay for an insurance company, their agents, their advertisements, etc. Keep a few attorney's and staff on and you're all set.

Then why have security personnel? They write off the loss, they don't insure against it. But they'd rather avoid it - hence "loss prevention agents".

Other large businesses often don't carry insurance for certain losses because there is no need to pay for an insurance company, their agents, their advertisements, etc. Keep a few attorney's and staff on and you're all set.
I feel you are making this up.

I feel you are making this up.
Not at all. Insurance is a calculated risk business - spread over a wide enough number of claims (and paying policies) it is almost always incredibly lucrative and safe. E.g. You can't stomach the loss of your $200k home to a hurricaine, so you pay $2k a year in insurance. But statistically speaking, the average damage to similar homes would only require $1100/yr. Insurance companies pay themselves off the other $900. I just dropped the collision coverage on my vehicle - if I don't have a collision for 18 months I'll start being ahead of the game vs. it's value. I am "self insuring" - I have the funds to buy another car if needed before then.

Not at all. Insurance is a calculated risk business - spread over a wide enough number of claims (and paying policies) it is almost always incredibly lucrative and safe. E.g. You can't stomach the loss of your $200k home to a hurricaine, so you pay $2k a year in insurance. But statistically speaking, the average damage to similar homes would only require $1100/yr. Insurance companies pay themselves off the other $900. I just dropped the collision coverage on my vehicle - if I don't have a collision for 18 months I'll start being ahead of the game vs. it's value. I am "self insuring" - I have the funds to buy another car if needed before then.
ok so you mean that they don't have insurance ONLY for the small petty theft. for other things they would still have insurance. right?

So, reading this

You find this
With the current meme-worthy title of Great Success, we’ve learned from sources that Trump and Epstein’s relationship, as well as the coronavirus, all figure into the main narrative with cameos from Mike Pence, Rudy Giuliani, and more best left unspoiled. We’ve also learned that one of the yet-to-be-revealed cameos could potentially derail a political career, and we imagine some backlash and lawsuits will follow

Anyone want to take bets on who or what?

So, reading this

You find this

Anyone want to take bets on who or what?
Kamala Harris duh

I was a master thief when young. I stopped around 18. Stealing is always an option, just like taking your foot off of the brake and rolling out in front of a speeding semi. You don't seem to have a very broad imagination. You also seem to have lost the idea of self-preservation and collecting of assets - which is common among the people you end up catching. This is a "poors" mind-set issue. You never did anything illegal - if you were homeless you were probably guilty of vagrancy. Again, broken self-preservation. You're a white man in America, and now you apparently have Internet access - come'on bro, use that privilege a little.
Vagrancy is a crime in the city of Annapolis. I stayed on county territory. Also I was at work so I had a right to be there.

Cops regularly checked on me. I wouldn't call it privilege, they knew me from work so they'd hang out or bring me food.

We actually have a lot of help for the homeless here, you just gotta be sober. County cops will go above and beyond to help out people. It's paperwork economics. You give someone a ride to the shelter you don't have to write a report. You arrest them it's write a report, book them, and then the commissioner let's em go a few hours later. I never got help. I knew where to go and all but single white male doesn't qualify you for much. Best would be a shower and food. Once covid hit they stopped giving out food. You can bathe in the ocean for free.

I don't know how I lost the idea tho. I remember a couple times needing things (you need weird stuff you wouldn't normally think of when you're in a car). Like toenail scissors. I didn't want to pay but I couldn't steal them. Ended up grinding them on concrete but...

So I'll explain how loss prevention works for like Macy's JCPenney etc big department stores.

They make a profit on loss prevention. They aren't in the game to just prevent loss. Yes alot of inventory is insured. That just recoups inventory loss though. It doesn't pay for you to have dedicated LP.

There are "civil recovery" laws. That's why they arrest people and yes it's a full legal arrest. Once the shoplifter is identified they sue them for civil recovery, which isn't just the price of the inventory. It includes costs for maintaining the camera system, LP agents payroll, insurance, and the value of the items. You steal $10 worth of stuff from Macy's, they sue you for $1000. You can't pay it,.they sell it to a collection agency for 50¢ on the dollar and still get 500$ profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.