Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

So you assume everyone thinks like you?

Edit: Sorry I see what you're driving at but that wasn't what I was talking about. Mugging (for example) is considered locally by some groups to be "not a big deal." 'It's just some kids trying to get cash.'

Was what I meant by not having a moral stake in the law.

I don't understand it. I've talked long enough with people being arrested to understand they know what they did is illegal, well usually, they assumed they wouldn't be caught, they figure they'll be let go, and they basically dont have a moral compass.

You don't go through red lights because it's annoying. Other people basically don't see what's wrong with beating the shit out of their gf.

Point is, the law is an after the fact thing.
God damn you are dumb as stump.

So you assume everyone thinks like you? No U!

I don't assume anyone thinks. Hence *points above*
There are four possiblities.
You can:
obey the law without believing in the underlying moral concept that brought the law into place.
break the law without believing in the underlying moral concept that brought the law into place.
obey a law where you DO believe/agree with the moral concept it represents.
break a law where you DO believe/agree with the moral concept it represents.

You don't need a moral compass to not break the law.

Last edited:
Why you should vote for Lord Cheeto!
OK here is some of my list in no particular order

1. he is against abortion
2. he does his best to do what he promised
3. he is not running around telling us all how much we suck for not being what he thinks we should be
4. Twitter feed as you know when he tweets to get everyone whom is on the left panties in a bunch, time to see what he did when they were not looking...
5. he is showing the democrats for who they are
6. Jerusalem, finally after so many decades recognized as the capitol of Israel.
7. USA first

All news agencies are corporate, though.

Where do you get your news, from the CIA via your fillings?
PBS isn't.

But I don't know how quality they are.

Here we have the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), which is a publicly own and operated news and media organisation. They are so unbiased that our current right wing government had our feds raid them for reporting on government corruption. The very government funding them.

Any news media organisation that needs to feed shareholders ain't trustworthy.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Jehannum
PBS isn't.

But I don't know how quality they are.

Here we have the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), which is a publicly own and operated news and media organisation. They are so unbiased that our current right wing government our feds raid them for reporting on government corruption. The very government funding them.

Any news media organisation that needs to feed shareholders ain't trustworthy.
fair point. NPR/PBS are gov't and locally funded.

They do beg for money from typically liberal viewers though, so while maybe they aren't feeding shareholders, they are catering to an audience.