Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many times the President will fall asleep during the State of the Union tonight. And I wonder how many times the house Republicans will yell and scream and make complete assess out of themselves interrupting the President.

I wonder how many times the President will fall asleep during the State of the Union tonight. And I wonder how many times the house Republicans will yell and scream and make complete assess out of themselves interrupting the President.
The system is corrupt! Time to start fresh. Vote Zach (this Zach not the other one).

Stop believing (and repeating) everything fox news tells you, asshole.

Stop believing (and repeating) everything fox news tells you, asshole.

Remember how Clinton and Bush used to run everyday...

Now we have two guys that are beating the record for oldest presidential candidates... That they set last time they ran.

Remember how Clinton and Bush used to run everyday...

Now we have two guys that are beating the record for oldest presidential candidates... That they set last time they ran.
No argument there, theyre both too fucking old, but one seems to be a decent human being who makes good decisions and trusts his advisors, and the other is a narcissistic increasingly unstable psychopath.

So yes... both old. And thats where the comparison diverges.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
No argument there, theyre both too fucking old, but one seems to be a decent human being who makes good decisions and trusts his advisors, and the other is a narcissistic increasingly unstable psychopath.

So yes... both old. And thats where the comparison diverges.
Oh yeah I was just remembering a time when we impeached a dude for getting a bj...

And I don't quite get the disapproval for Biden. The ARPA was actually really good and foreign policy has been arguably on point.

Oh yeah I was just remembering a time when we impeached a dude for getting a bj...

And I don't quite get the disapproval for Biden. The ARPA was actually really good and foreign policy has been arguably on point.
He was impeached for lying under oath.

I think Biden is better than Trump. I don't think he's up to the job anymore unfortunately. I think we can do better than either of these guys.

He was impeached for lying under oath.

I think Biden is better than Trump. I don't think he's up to the job anymore unfortunately. I think we can do better than either of these guys.
I know but we all really know what it was about.

This is America that is the people that the people want cept maybe Biden, he just kinda rolled into the nominee spot without any real contenders. The republicans had a choice, Nikki Haley was a solid candidate. obviously I don't agree with her on social issues but she's not a raving psychopath with experience. Trump literally did almost no governing, everyone covered for him while he made policy decisions via twitter.

"The Affordable Connectivity Program stopped accepting new applications and enrollments on February 7, 2024. The last fully funded month of the program is April 2024."

Le gasp. That program is a lifesaver if you can't afford a phone plan. Seeing as you literally need a smartphone for everything these days

Obama phone
Wrong. Obama phone is the lifeline assistance program. ACP was started in 2022 and pays for internet service not phones.

Lifeline is a crappy phone and $9.25 monthly phone plan. ACP is a $40 internet subsidy. To get both or either you have to qualify for a federal benefit program.

Last edited:
I suppose this is Elon Musk's fault? :p

Also all Teslas have manual door latches. Which a quick look at the user manual would tell anyone. Your chances of having the batteries catch on fire are better than drowning in a water scenerio.
Yeah, it was Elon's fault it took rescue crews 25 minutes to respond. Damn him!

I suppose this is Elon Musk's fault? :p

Also all Teslas have manual door latches. Which a quick look at the user manual would tell anyone. Your chances of having the batteries catch on fire are better than drowning in a water scenerio.
1) it's pretty explicitly her sister's fault.
2) sure, let's blame him to.
3) it isn't that clear from the user manual, from what everyone online is saying
3a) let's lock you in a sinking car and tell you to read the user manual to figure out how to use a feature that you've never used.
4) this is dumb because drowning in a vehicle is not the only case where you might need to break a window to get out, especially in a vehicle from a manufacturer that's been known to have vehicles catch fire from time to time.

1) it's pretty explicitly her sister's fault.
2) sure, let's blame him to.
3) it isn't that clear from the user manual, from what everyone online is saying
3a) let's lock you in a sinking car and tell you to read the user manual to figure out how to use a feature that you've never used.
4) this is dumb because drowning in a vehicle is not the only case where you might need to break a window to get out, especially in a vehicle from a manufacturer that's been known to have vehicles catch fire from time to time.
Screenshot 2024-03-12 103604.png

I dont know. There is an entire section about it.

Please think and explain to me why the hide away door handles that require you to open the manual to know about are not an issue when in an emergency situation.

You fucking numpty.

BTW, at least one other death can be attributed to this flaw. In '19 a guy burned to death because rescue personnel could not get the car doors open. I did not know about this when I posted above

View attachment 18331

I dont know. There is an entire section about it.
Opening a door against water pressure is probably pretty difficult. The windows ought to be breakable, as that's the normal mode of operation for escaping a car that's driven into the water.

Not sure how much of that applies to a car with armored windows or whatever.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Status
Not open for further replies.