Pics PicSpam 2017 - The Blurry Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Nah I'm talking about people who get off on tipping shittily and "punishing" servers for "bad service".

The worst is the tip on the table at the beginning, and visibly pulling money off when the server disappoints.
A shitty server should deserve a full tip?

A shitty server should deserve a full tip?
With the way it works in the US, that tip is the server's main income. Maybe they're having a bad day or the restaurant is a shitshow that day for whatever reason, they still deserve fair pay. It's not that big of a deal, it's unfortunate that it empowers the most unpleasant of people to get cheap service.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
With the way it works in the US, that tip is the server's main income. Maybe they're having a bad day or the restaurant is a shitshow that day for whatever reason, they still deserve fair pay. It's not that big of a deal, it's unfortunate that it empowers the most unpleasant of people to get cheap service.
"You don't deserve the four dollars and three cents I was going to tip on my 80 dollar bill."

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
What? No we whip them.

US
"The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips. If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any week, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate."

Australia
"The Fair Work Act enacts the official minimum pay for full time waiting is $16.67 per hour (Australian national minimum wage is $15.51 per hour). Casual waiters should get paid at least $20.71 per hour.Jan 16, 2012"

I'm not unfamiliar with restaurants in the US. I lived there for 13 years. I would normally start out with a 20% tip and would either go up or down depending on the quality of service.

US
"The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips. If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any week, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate."

Australia
"The Fair Work Act enacts the official minimum pay for full time waiting is $16.67 per hour (Australian national minimum wage is $15.51 per hour). Casual waiters should get paid at least $20.71 per hour.Jan 16, 2012"
You guys are uncivilised. You need to step into the modern world.

Status
Not open for further replies.