Pics PicSpam 2017 - The Blurry Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to have to elaborate on that.
Sure thing!

I don't want the government to have any say in whether or not I'm allowed to give another person money just because I feel like it. Being in a restaurant shouldn't change that. Selling cigs to kids is a public health issue that justifies the government stepping in, I don't think tipping is reasonably comparable to that.

From a legal standpoint I doubt it would hold up in court. The state government would be sued for infringing on the rights of its citizens by preventing them from transferring their property to whoever they want.

Getting rid of tipping has to happen because people want it to happen. I'm not sure enough people do.

Sure thing!

I don't want the government to have any say in whether or not I'm allowed to give another person money just because I feel like it. Being in a restaurant shouldn't change that. Selling cigs to kids is a public health issue that justifies the government stepping in, I don't think tipping is reasonably comparable to that.

From a legal standpoint I doubt it would hold up in court. The state government would be sued for infringing on the rights of its citizens by preventing them from transferring their property to whoever they want.

Getting rid of tipping has to happen because people want it to happen. I'm not sure enough people do.
Then all that's left is for the state government to mandate a minimum wage high enough that people won't feel obligated to tip. People aren't just going to stop tipping because they feel like it. Restaurants will include the gratuity in the bill so as to avoid that. Else the only person they affect would be the wait staff.

It has to be a solution that is correct and precise, and enacted everywhere (state) at the same time.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
Sure thing!

People get the strangest power trips from tipping.

Going through giphy.com, found this, got totally weirded out.
giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Nah I'm talking about people who get off on tipping shittily and "punishing" servers for "bad service".

The worst is the tip on the table at the beginning, and visibly pulling money off when the server disappoints.
OHHHHH that kind of power. Eww.

When I worked in service, that was when you better never come back into the restaurant because I've told all of my coworkers about your bullshit and we wouldn't serve the next time you came in or you got really bad service.

....but then I worked in a female dominated restaurant, we're all catty bitches then. :lol:

• Gravy

When I worked in service, that was when you better never come back into the restaurant because I've told all of my coworkers about your bullshit and we wouldn't serve the next time you came in or you got really bad service.

....but then I worked in a female dominated restaurant, we're all catty bitches then. :lol:
That's exactly how it should be done.

• Gravy
That's exactly how it should be done.
I mean... tipping in a restaurant is not really tipping unless you go over (throwing a number out there) 20% because the "tip" is mostly to recoup the lost wages from our employer and to pay for the service received. Anything above and beyond is the real tip.

Tipping a nail salon or after getting you're hair done is different, imo.

When we went to India and Cuba, tipping wasn't over the top, but when they realized you're American, all they wanted to do was jump over the moon for you because they know that Americans can be heavy tippers. So of course, ya gotta tip better. :lol:

Oh, you can't say that. @Ledboots will not like reading that...

:haaay:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and adi
Status
Not open for further replies.