Parenting Ideas

Nemo said:
yeah but mebbe your mom doesn't mind the fact you ruined her life. :fly:

I didn't ruin anyone's life, my so-called "mom" dumped me, which was probably the best thing that could have happened at the time.

BigDov said:
I don't know about you two........ being a parent has been tough sometimes, sure. But it's sooo very rewarding in other ways :)
I dont' think parenthood is for everybody though. My s/o and I are pretty in sync with our mindset. We're going to be the cool Aunt and Uncle and let our siblings deal with all of the bs. I know that sounds pretty selfish, but parenthood just isn't something I want to see in my future.

b_sinning said:
Or wait until he passes out and glue his dick to his leg. I'd use something that wasn't permenant but would hurt like hell the first time you streched out your legs when sleeping.

I used to work with a woman who told her husband that if he ever cheated on her never to go to sleep around her, because she'd have the superglue ready.

DW said:
I used to work with a woman who told her husband that if he ever cheated on her never to go to sleep around her, because she'd have the superglue ready.
LOL - If they're going to cheat, you can't stop them. Why worry about it.

Nemo said:
Well I sure ruined my moms life, but that's what happens when you get pregnant at 21 by a guy 10yrs older than you. Poor woman.
If your mom actually said that then she's very wrong and I'm sorry :( 21 is old enough to know better, 31 most certainly is. My mom was 17 when she first got pregnant, was married at 18 and divorced with 2 kids by 23. It isn't your fault her life didn't turn out the way she wanted, our lives are a direct result of the decisions we make, and the decisions we neglect to make. It's unfortunate she blames you. :heart:

zengirl said:
I dont' think parenthood is for everybody though. My s/o and I are pretty in sync with our mindset. We're going to be the cool Aunt and Uncle and let our siblings deal with all of the bs. I know that sounds pretty selfish, but parenthood just isn't something I want to see in my future.

I think you're right- I'm just optimistic I guess. Being the cool Aunt and Uncle is pretty rewarding and not selfish at all.

:D

Nemo said:
Well I sure ruined my moms life, but that's what happens when you get pregnant at 21 by a guy 10yrs older than you. Poor woman.
my mum was 21 when she had my sister, i came 2 years later...appaerently allmost slid of the table :D

But yeah, i can imagine it must been hard growing up with kid like that, i know way too many people in that situation now...

Last edited by a moderator:
zengirl said:
If your mom actually said that then she's very wrong and I'm sorry :( 21 is old enough to know better, 31 most certainly is. My mom was 17 when she first got pregnant, was married at 18 and divorced with 2 kids by 23. It isn't your fault her life didn't turn out the way she wanted, our lives are a direct result of the decisions we make, and the decisions we neglect to make. It's unfortunate she blames you. :heart:

Can't blame her for blaming me to be honest, if anybody forced me to stay with my dad I'd hate them til the day they died. :fly:

Nemo said:
Can't blame her for blaming me to be honest, if anybody forced me to stay with my dad I'd hate them til the day they died. :fly:
:( I'd like to offer you an e-hug

zengirl said:

QFT. No child is to blame for the circumstances under which they were conceived or born, ever, and it's unreasonable to take that kind of frustration out on a child. Better to allow the child to be adopted by someone who really wants him or her than to do that.

DW said:
QFT. No child is to blame for the circumstances under which they were conceived or born, ever, and it's unreasonable to take that kind of frustration out on a child. Better to allow the child to be adopted by someone who really wants him or her than to do that.

Could not agree more :)

DW said:

I'd rather have been born into this family than been adopted, I wouldn't be me if I was adopted, I'd be some generic teen.

DW said:
You're absolutely right. Nemo's mom's decision to stay with the father and raise children was exactly that... her decision. Nobody asks to be born, nobody picks their parents (if I'm wrong, then I'm pretty sadistic) It's like everything in life, you just have to try to do the best with what you have and be grateful. It's a waste to spend time missing the things you never had, and it's a real shame too. I feel really bad for Nemo right now.

Nemo said:
I'd rather have been born into this family than been adopted, I wouldn't be me if I was adopted, I'd be some generic teen.
Now see, this is an admirable attitude.