Parenting Ideas

b_sinning said:
The law and society pushes for parents to be softer but then bitches about parents not being tough enough.

I have a friend at work that says that its no different than raising a dog, you have to punish them when they do something wrong or they never learn. Most people would rather treat kids like small adults and put them in a corner. This doesn't work. Simple mind need simple punishments, and pain is the most basic instinct of all. Pain was created to remind our brains not to do something. What do timeouts remind the brain? Patience and time to reflect on how NOT to get caught next time.

If I ever have kids, I'm gonna beat the livin tar out of them when its required. To hell with the law, if my kids want to be given to the state for care, I dare them to call.

fly said:
I have a friend at work that says that its no different than raising a dog, you have to punish them when they do something wrong or they never learn. Most people would rather treat kids like small adults and put them in a corner. This doesn't work. Simple mind need simple punishments, and pain is the most basic instinct of all. Pain was created to remind our brains not to do something. What do timeouts remind the brain? Patience and time to reflect on how NOT to get caught next time.

If I ever have kids, I'm gonna beat the livin tar out of them when its required. To hell with the law, if my kids want to be given to the state for care, I dare them to call.

Good points.

For me and brood of brats, a mixture of spankings and time-outs seems to work pretty well....... I really don't like having to be physical with 'em because it ends being more like an intimidation session than anything. BUT- first offense, go sit your ass down in the dining room and keep it quiet. Second offense, you're gonna get a whackin'. They've learned time and again that the first time's the charm, and have actually started treating each other with respect.

But to your point, when they deserve to get spanked, they get spanked, 'politically correct' or not.

during my childhood my ass was red for i swear half of it. i recon it made me a better person eventually, and i believe that thats how it should be done. right now i am better friend with my dad that i have ever been and i can see now what he did and endured so our famly could go on..Respect for Dad ++

zengirl said:
My parents produced 7 children and only one was planned.
I was thinking that probably more then half of kids are unplanned births. I don't know the truth behind that, just speculating.

fly said:

This is true.

I wonder how your cats feel about this.

Nemo said:
Oh you'd never hear my mom say that, or my dad for that matter....I got two other siblings so they're the favorites. :D
I doubt your surprise of being born is going to scar the rest of your life with them.

My wife tried the techquie that when he as bad she would take away some toys. I came home one day and his room was empty and he was still not bothered by it and still found things to play with. I sat him down and discussed my dissapointment and displeasure with him and made him maintain eye contact the whole time. I didn't spank him but explained that was coming next and he was getting the offical warning. He was better. My wife was real pissed off that my technique worked.

Nemo said:
Oh I just learned to be waaaaay sneaky and lie through my teeth about everything. Then I just said fuck it and just kinda fought back, never got anymore spankings. :o
QUOTE FOR CURSING

that's twice now.

I think the best possible recourse for me would be to refrain from reproducing completely. It all just seems entirely too complicated.

zengirl said:
I think the best possible recourse for me would be to refrain from reproducing completely. It all just seems entirely too complicated.
I knew there was a reason I liked you. It seems as though we are on the same page.

The orginal concept was if I caught my teenage son sneaking in late after a night chasing girls or being bad do soemthing lik make him do some yard work in a dress and make sure to call and invite over a few guy and girls he knows to drop by and suprise him. He'd be pissed but he'd be on time for a while.

Of course if he grows up to like to wear dresses that would just ruin that plan.

b_sinning said:
The orginal concept was if I caught my teenage son sneaking in late after a night chasing girls or being bad do soemthing lik make him do some yard work in a dress and make sure to call and invite over a few guy and girls he knows to drop by and suprise him. He'd be pissed but he'd be on time for a while.

Of course if he grows up to like to wear dresses that would just ruin that plan.
naa, if he likes dresses you could just harass him for a night of chasing boys.

CletusJones said:
naa, if he likes dresses you could just harass him for a night of chasing boys.

Or wait until he passes out and glue his dick to his leg. I'd use something that wasn't permenant but would hurt like hell the first time you streched out your legs when sleeping.