Oprah needs to go away

elpmis said:
This thread is all anti Oprah, but she does a lot of good
such as? oh yeah, giving money to poor kids in other countries when there are plenty of poor kids in the neighborhoods surrounding her multimillion dollar condo in chicago...

what else?

sizzlinggrace said:
move then :p
no, I won't simply give up 'cause things aren't going the way I'd like them to. I'll stick around and do my best to change things for the better. with any luck more people that share my opinions will vote for a candidate that will address the issues that bother us. this is supposed to be the land of the free, I'm not going to run away because it's being turned into something else. I'd rather stay and defend it

edit: although I guess there are plenty of people who'd like to see me go

FlyNavy said:
no, I won't simply give up 'cause things aren't going the way I'd like them to. I'll stick around and do my best to change things for the better. with any luck more people that share my opinions will vote for a candidate that will address the issues that bother us. this is supposed to be the land of the free, I'm not going to run away because it's being turned into something else. I'd rather stay and defend it

edit: although I guess there are plenty of people who'd like to see me go

may i ask what you're doing to change things for the better?

FlyNavy said:
such as? oh yeah, giving money to poor kids in other countries when there are plenty of poor kids in the neighborhoods surrounding her multimillion dollar condo in chicago...

what else?
every time I catch her show or read about her she's giving money away, cause she has the cash to do it

but that's just it, if you're rich and in the public eye you can never give away enough money, or to the right people, or for the right cause, or anything

you're not even allowed to build a big house cause in the public eye it's too big, or in the wrong spot, or whatever

she's probably better off just never giving any money away, right?

how many charities do you donate to?

oh and by the way flynavy, if you're gonna hate someone as much as you do at least read a biography on them so your arguements have some grounds

That book club thing she did was pretty cool. Though I worked at Barnes and Noble at the time, so I hated her for making me set up huge displays every week.

sizzlinggrace said:
may i ask what you're doing to change things for the better?
Well, along with the two letters I wrote the Il senators about the broadcast flag the other day and the ones I'll be sending about this, I've written senators, representatives, and governers of the areas in which I've lived a good dozen times or more about issues that I thought were important. I also vote unlike the majority of the population. I do my best to take stances and educate people about this stuff and why it's so important to protect the freedoms this country was founded on.

I guess that's not enough though. No I guess I'll never make a difference anyways so I should shut my trap and leave the country. The only I can do anything worthwhile is to run for office or start/join a revolution.

elpmis said:
every time I catch her show or read about her she's giving money away, cause she has the cash to do it

but that's just it, if you're rich and in the public eye you can never give away enough money, or to the right people, or for the right cause, or anything

you're not even allowed to build a big house cause in the public eye it's too big, or in the wrong spot, or whatever

she's probably better off just never giving any money away, right?

how many charities do you donate to?
elpmis said:
oh and by the way flynavy, if you're gonna hate someone as much as you do at least read a biography on them so your arguements have some grounds
Yeah, the money argument was pointless. She can keep it for all I care, I don't give a damn. I'm just wondering what all these wonderful things she's done are. She gets away with bitching about racism and sexism because for the past decade she's been in the spotlight and no one has the balls to dare offend a charismatic black woman. It's too politically incorrect.

I don't like her for one primary reason. She plays the race card for such insignificant matters that they drown out the true examples of racism and intolerance that should be given attention and dealt with. I can't stand racism and it irks me when someone exploits it for their personal gain.

FlyNavy said:
Well, along with the two letters I wrote the Il senators about the broadcast flag the other day and the ones I'll be sending about this, I've written senators, representatives, and governers of the areas in which I've lived a good dozen times or more about issues that I thought were important. I also vote unlike the majority of the population. I do my best to take stances and educate people about this stuff and why it's so important to protect the freedoms this country was founded on.

I guess that's not enough though. No I guess I'll never make a difference anyways so I should shut my trap and leave the country. The only I can do anything worthwhile is to run for office or start/join a revolution.

calm the fuck down, it was just a question

FlyNavy said:
Yeah, the money argument was pointless. She can keep it for all I care, I don't give a damn. I'm just wondering what all these wonderful things she's done are. She gets away with bitching about racism and sexism because for the past decade she's been in the spotlight and no one has the balls to dare offend a charismatic black woman. It's too politically incorrect.

I don't like her for one primary reason. She plays the race card for such insignificant matters that they drown out the true examples of racism and intolerance that should be given attention and dealt with. I can't stand racism and it irks me when someone exploits it for their personal gain.
please tell me you aren't a registered demcorat like everyone else on this board

sizzlinggrace said:
calm the fuck down, it was just a question
I'm sorry, I'm a little stressed. I wish I could do more but the opportunity has yet to present itself. I don't know what I'm supposed to do but when I have the chance to make a difference I will take it.

But I'm not leaving. Oh I'll probably live elsewhere for a while, maybe go to Italy for some time or some dusty desert town if the Marines so choose to send me there, but I'll always come home. And I won't give up; if I'm going to be willing to lay my life down for this country I'd like it to be the free state I agree to fight for.

elpmis said:
please tell me you aren't a registered demcorat like everyone else on this board
:lol: I'm not registered with any political party, I believe voting along party lines for the sake of supporting one party is ridiculous. no, I agree with republicans on many issues and democrats on many others

I'd vote primarily libertarian if badnarick's ideas about the economy weren't some drugged up fantasy. "lol hey china, sorry but all those bonds you just bought from us are null & void. yea dudes, we're going back to gold 'cause well....we have the financial management skills of a drunken college student"

Oprah has one. Do you?

racecard.jpg

aahahahahaha :lol::lol:

see, real racism disgusts me. I understand people have different opinions but blatant intolerance of other races just bothers me to no end. but playing the race card to get what you want is just infuriating and a complete slap in the face to all those who fought and who are still fighting for equality

:beatit: