FYI OOD's Minimalism Blog

Keeping it simple? Cardio and weights? With weights, doing body zones like back, leg, arms, core..etc.? I bet I have the P90x workout plan for the weights, if you want.
I'm working with plains of motion right now. Horizontal push and pull vertical push and pull, legs, core.

I've been doing bodyweight since I built that outdoor gym, but I'm slowly transitioning to free weights.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I bought shoes today to replace a pair that I've had for almost two years. I thought about keeping the old ones for working in the yard and stuff. Not sure yet.

I have 3 pairs of shoes now. One for wearing everyday, one for running, and the two year old pair I might throw away.

I bought shoes today to replace a pair that I've had for almost two years. I thought about keeping the old ones for working in the yard and stuff. Not sure yet.

I have 3 pairs of shoes now. One for wearing everyday, one for running, and the two year old pair I might throw away.

Keeping the old ones for working in the yard make the new ones last longer, which means you won't need to buy another new pair for a longer time into the future. It's a deal where keeping something gives you minimalism in the bank. Or at least reduces needless consumerism in the future.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and OOD
Keeping the old ones for working in the yard make the new ones last longer, which means you won't need to buy another new pair for a longer time into the future. It's a deal where keeping something gives you minimalism in the bank. Or at least reduces needless consumerism in the future.
yeah It's one of those crossroads where minimalism can start to become a hindrance if you're not careful. That's really the only reason I refuse to get extreme with it. I know that if minimalism makes me incapable of being frugal then I need to back off the minimalism a bit.

Everything in life needs balance or stuff will start falling apart.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
yeah It's one of those crossroads where minimalism can start to become a hindrance if you're not careful. That's really the only reason I refuse to get extreme with it. I know that if minimalism makes me incapable of being frugal then I need to back off the minimalism a bit.

Everything in life needs balance or stuff will start falling apart.

You should really buy that pedal. Then you'll be home playing with it and not out wearing out your shoes. That's even more in the bank.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and nukes
Ask him what the best age to marry your daughter off is
Fun fact: Jerry Lee Lewis Married his 13 year old cousin.

So, google says that the youngest age you can get married in South Carolina is 14 for girls and 16 for boys. I see no reason to have different ages for the girls and boys, but maybe it's an old law and they expect a 16 year old dude could find work easier than a 14 year old dude. Not that ladies can't handle work, but that used to be what people thought. I think I would have to draw the line at 16 with either sex. Of course, they have to be 18 without parental consent anyways and I would most likely not give it, but it depends.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes