Obama scraps Bush-era missile defense for new plan

No but you chose to live here so you should at least have the respect of being a guest.

I can see the logic of this, but considering there are those of us who aren't guests here who treat this country far worse than some of the 'guests'...

I dunno. I do agree though, talking shit about American's like we are some sort of pariah when obviously you are doing well here in America is kind of like pissing on your wives parents graves right after the wedding.

I can see the logic of this, but considering there are those of us who aren't guests here who treat this country far worse than some of the 'guests'...

I dunno. I do agree though, talking shit about American's like we are some sort of pariah when obviously you are doing well here in America is kind of like pissing on your wives parents graves right after the wedding.

Define: "doing well here in America"

If you are an American you didn't chose to live here it's your home. You also have the right to voice your opinion about everything because you are a voting citizen. American rights are not just for those who fall in line and pick whatever the rest of the US picks. They are protected by the Constitution same as any other US citizens.

well employed (yes, by australia but in the US nonetheless) and have a good family. pretty much the "american dream"

I work for the Australian Government in Australia. It's considered Australian soil and falls under Australian employment laws.

I earn Australian dollars, and spend them in the US. You guys are welcome.

If you are an American you didn't chose to live here it's your home. You also have the right to voice your opinion about everything because you are a voting citizen. American rights are not just for those who fall in line and pick whatever the rest of the US picks. They are protected by the Constitution same as any other US citizens.

The right to freedom of speech is not simply for those who vote.

The right to freedom of speech is not simply for those who vote.

No, but I'm of the opinion, just personal, that if you have the ability to vote, and choose not too, then you have no room to bitch since you don't even partake of the simplest of civil liberties which give you a chance to make a difference.

Obviously, it doesn't affect you, but for americans who can vote and don't, and then bitch about the way things are, I have an extended finger they can sit and spin upon.

No, but I'm of the opinion, just personal, that if you have the ability to vote, and choose not too, then you have no room to bitch since you don't even partake of the simplest of civil liberties which give you a chance to make a difference.

Obviously, it doesn't affect you, but for americans who can vote and don't, and then bitch about the way things are, I have an extended finger they can sit and spin upon.

In Australia, voting is compulsory.