My God, did she really say that???

KNYTE said:
Conversely regular people supposedly don't understand "rich" problems. I mean really, how would you feel if your Rolls Royce got a flat and you had to wait 20 minutes to get to the golf club while your driver fixed it? That's a life altering event if you think about it.

Or their personal chef makes the wrong dish for a dinner party, and the wine they chose doesn't go with the dish, so they have to distract everyone while they send their butler to the store to pick up a different kind. :rolleyes:

KNYTE said:
Conversely regular people supposedly don't understand "rich" problems. I mean really, how would you feel if your Rolls Royce got a flat and you had to wait 20 minutes to get to the golf club while your driver fixed it? That's a life altering event if you think about it.
:lol: Us vs. Them

No matter who you are, where you come from or what you're born into, the worst experience in your life is still the worst thing that's ever happened to you. To compare horror stories is all relative, and pointless as people just don't know any better. People grow up in abusive homes and don't feel victimized or resentful because they don't know any better, the bitterness and resentment only comes after the pitty pepole come along and tell them how horrible their lives have been. Rich people, popular people, poor people, scum of the earth, we all have our happy days and our sad days. We tend to fear what we don't understand and anger is often a product of fear. If you're not rich you cant' sit there and say that it's easier than being poor. Money brings with it a whole new kettle of problems, when the only thing that matters is that we're all human, and we've all had bad days, and in one way or another we've all struggled with something. Why does prosperity have to be the common denominator? Why can't it be humanity?

Candy said:
It was up to the government of Louisiana to make the first moves with regards to evacuations, etc. That is the way our system works... sometimes it works in our favor, sometimes it doesn't. In this case, I think Bush dropped the ball by not "monitoring" the government's decisions; he should have seen the odvious signs that the Governer was not capable of decision making during an event of this magnitude.

Knowing what EVERYONE knows about New Orleans, and it's population, the National Guard should have been deployed as soon as the storm was identified as a cat 5.

This is true. But I don't point the finger at Bush. He shouldn't have been monitoring the Governers efforts, FEMA should have.

Here's one:
Spring 2004 the Weekly Alternative, that I admin for moved to a new facility.

Well not really, see the new side was still being worked on when we moved, so we moved into the shitbox side. You know falling ceiling tiles, half ass AC, extension cords running through the busted up ceiling. Ooh, I almost forgot the shitbox side had NO BATHROOMS!! They had to bring in a portable bathroom. fly saw the building, he can vouch for it's general shittiness.

The CEO of the company said, and I quote, "it will be like camping." WTF?