My God, did she really say that???

What I think people fail to realize is that professional politicians and their families are oblivious to the real world.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
WASHINGTON (AFP) - Hurricane Katrina victims in Houston, Texas were "underprivileged anyway" and life in the Astrodome sports arena is "working very well for them," former first lady Barbara Bush said.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050907/en_afp/usweatherbushhouston_050907043839

:eek:
Most of them who've made it to organized shelters were poor and are probably being treated better (given cash and warm meals) than they were pre-hurricane. What's all the drama?

theacoustician said:
Most of them who've made it to organized shelters were poor and are probably being treated better (given cash and warm meals) than they were pre-hurricane. What's all the drama?

I wasn't going to say it. I was THINKING it, but I wasn't going to say it.

theacoustician said:
Well I still think it's a horrible thing for the former first lady to say....

theacoustician said:

She's Bush Jr's mom.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Well I still think it's a horrible thing for the former first lady to say....

...it's horrible for her to say that people are being treated better?

theacoustician said:

And they got a free bath!