My God, did she really say that???

b_sinning said:
And they got a free bath!

Kartrina provided them a shower just days prior, they didn't need another bath for at least 2 weeks, that was the worst part of the flooding for them. :rolleyes:

theacoustician said:
Why? Cause they're proud they can take care of people when its been shown that others can't?
THEY can take care of people?? Oh please, don't get me started!! Bush didn't move off his lazy ass for 5 days before he DID something....

fly said:
But it implies that she doesn't give a shit. I know she doesn't, but she isn't supposed to say that.
I think its all in how you read it. If there's a video of her whole visit so you can see the comment in context, then I think you can make a judgement call on it one way or the other.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
THEY can take care of people?? Oh please, don't get me started!! Bush didn't move off his lazy ass for 5 days before he DID something....

fucking hysterical that he would try to appoint himself the head of the investigation into what went wrong :fly:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
They being Texans, not they being the Bushs.

Perhaps someone should stay in Canada.

theacoustician said:
Most of them who've made it to organized shelters were poor and are probably being treated better (given cash and warm meals) than they were pre-hurricane. What's all the drama?

I agree, but she could have said it with a little more tact.

Now that jackass Kanya (spelling is wrong I'm sure) West is going to come out and say that Barb Bush hates poor AND black people, which will cause me duress because I'll have to listen to his ignorant, arrogant ass talk some more.

Last edited:
*Fuxx Burger* said:

I don't agree with that arguement. What more could Bush have realistically done? Plus, the mayor of Nawlins' and the Lousisana governor should have been the ones spearheading the rescue/relief efforts; instead they just pissed and moaned about how the feds were doing nothing.

Oh yeah...

GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE!

wr3kt said:
Sometimes this world needs less class and tact and more people telling what the hell they're thinking.
How is the fact that she thinks its okay for 10,000 people to live on the floor of a building helpful?

*Fuxx Burger* said:

It takes time to mobilize food, water, medicene, and people.
It then takes time in order to get into flooded areas with said food.

You do remember that most of NO was under 10 feet of water.

With support of this nature, it's almost impossible to work very fast.

Candy said:
I agree, but she could have said it with a little more tact.

Now that jackass Kanya (spelling is wrong I'm sure) West is going to come out and Barb Bush hates poor AND black people, which will cause me duress because I'll have to listen to his ignorant, arrogant ass talk some more.

Everyone here knows that Kanye's Dad was a very adamant Black Panther, right? Yeah, he's not biased at all. :rolleyes:

wr3kt said:
It takes time to mobilize food, water, medicene, and people.
It then takes time in order to get into flooded areas with said food.

You do remember that most of NO was under 10 feet of water.

With support of this nature, it's almost impossible to work very fast.
And I certainly agree... But something is fishy... donno maybe I've been watching too much CNN...

fly said:
How is the fact that she thinks its okay for 10,000 people to live on the floor of a building helpful?

I didn't say that was ok, but they do have steady food, water, and assistance...to a point.

In some cases, it's generally better...in others it's not.

But I'm also coming from the train of thought that my ass would have gotten out of NO prior to the hurricane hitting. I feel sorry for these people, I really do, but a hurricane was going to hit a portion of the country that lies below the sea level.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
And I certainly agree... But something is fishy... donno maybe I've been watching too much CNN...

There is still a beauracracy to hurdle even in natural disasters. There is still paper work.

People were warned repeatedly to evacuate NO by any means possible. I also realize that some had no place to go, but I'd rather be somewhere else with nothing than be in NO with nothing.