Ontopic Mission to Uranus

"15 million miles from the surface of the sun"

There could be many definitions of surface...
The corona is not the surface of the Sun. It's the plasma & gases that surrounds the Sun and is the hottest part of the Sun. Which is why this milestone in the Parker Solar Probe mission a big one. The scientists weren't exactly sure if the probe would survive even one trip through the corona. I believe it is going to get progressively closer to the Sun on each pass.

The corona is not the surface of the Sun. It's the plasma & gases that surrounds the Sun and is the hottest part of the Sun. Which is why this milestone in the Parker Solar Probe mission a big one. The scientists weren't exactly sure if the probe would survive even one trip through the corona. I believe it is going to get progressively closer to the Sun on each pass.
Isn't this the one with the heat shield up front and the radiator that trails way out behind it?

But that wasn't the observation I was making...

r6EIQn9.jpg