Ontopic Mission to Uranus

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and wetwillie
If only finding anything on Wired was as easy. Geesh, team of ADD kids do that site layout. :wtf: NVM - I see what their dealio is - you either join or "back to wired.com" does just that. I'll save my $10
I have an online sub. IIRC, the student rate is $5/yr, and they sent me a YubiKey that I'll never use.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Once inside the clouds, there is a massive exposure to extreme pressure and a high concentration of hydrocloric acid. Above the clouds, it's just the radiant heat and radiation of the sun you have to deal with.

Anything mankind has sent below the clouds hasn't lasted long. Pressures of up to 100 atmospheres have been reported along with the toxic atmosphere.

If you want a permanent Venus observatory, above the clouds is a perfect first step.

Once inside the clouds, there is a massive exposure to extreme pressure and a high concentration of hydrocloric acid. Above the clouds, it's just the radiant heat and radiation of the sun you have to deal with.

Anything mankind has sent below the clouds hasn't lasted long. Pressures of up to 100 atmospheres have been reported along with the toxic atmosphere.

If you want a permanent Venus observatory, above the clouds is a perfect first step.
*sulfuric acid

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes