Median Home Price in Detroit = $7,500

lol, taxes are $2,332

This is why builders can't do anything in Cleveland. Houses are selling one tenth as cheaply as just materials alone. Also, the taxes more than double if you build new. There is a tax abatement, however, for I think 15 years that if you do significant remodelling or building you don't have to pay taxes. I think there is also a 5 year tax abatement if you are first time home buyer.

detroit suburbs are where it's at up there. it's a city unlike any that all y'all live in. central downtown is office buildings, convention centers, ford field and comerica park. Around that is a bunch of what is mostly 'hood with a lot of vacant houses, businesses with bars on the windows etc. once you get outside the city proper you get in to independently incorporated suburbs that are just like a bunch of small to medium towns. a lot of them are really, really nice. Birmingham, Rochester and Royal Oak to name the three that I know off the top of my head.

The City of Detroit is in a downward spiral. The tax base has fled and left the city with more infrastructure than it can manage on the remaining taxes collected. It crumbles and more flee the city.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

I forsee a future where remaining residents are relocated and entire neighborhoods are written off, bulldozed flat and seeded.

detroit suburbs are where it's at up there. it's a city unlike any that all y'all live in. central downtown is office buildings, convention centers, ford field and comerica park. Around that is a bunch of what is mostly 'hood with a lot of vacant houses, businesses with bars on the windows etc. once you get outside the city proper you get in to independently incorporated suburbs that are just like a bunch of small to medium towns. a lot of them are really, really nice. Birmingham, Rochester and Royal Oak to name the three that I know off the top of my head.

The City of Detroit is in a downward spiral. The tax base has fled and left the city with more infrastructure than it can manage on the remaining taxes collected. It crumbles and more flee the city.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

I forsee a future where remaining residents are relocated and entire neighborhoods are written off, bulldozed flat and seeded.

This is exactly the structure of Cleveland right now, but I think Detroit is further down the spiral (lol NIN). Unfortunately I see Chicago moving in that direction, too, but it won't be nearly as bad.

I actually pretty much read the article, but the reason why your country is seen as way more violent than the UK is because tons of people are murdered in the US compared to the UK. Fuck violent crime statistics, it depends on what you mean as violent, how eager people are to report crimes, how many are false claims etc. etc. etc. I'd like to see some stats for homicide.

How many people live in the UK? We have over 300 million. I would expect us to have way more violent crime.

I read an article yesterday about how kids in England are very stabby. Stab stab stab, all the time. "Honey, did you eat your peas?" *stab* "Mum, I did quite well on my exams!" *stab* "Come on blokes, let's saunter down to the club and shag some birds!" *stabby stab stab*

Apparently some Harry Potter actor got himself shanked outside a pub or something. Poor dude. People in Great Britain are savage bastards just like they are here. It's a human thing, not a national thing. I guess England is about to have another weapons crackdown. First your guns and now your knives. Soon you'll be spooning each other's eyes out or stapling people in the arm.

Last edited:
the UK is a violent shithole

feral kids and eastern euros

place is dying a death.

Read the fine print: "being sold as is"

which means, it needs extensive work done...
it doesn't necessarily mean extensive. it could mean something as little as "you'll have to fix the broken window itself if you want to qualify for that FHA loan."

Read the fine print: "being sold as is"

which means, it needs extensive work done...

i am very, very happy with the fact you've manifested as one of the best new members in a long time

reward yourself with a smug grin at my failure to spot the diamond in the rough

Our house was sold as is. We had to replace the kitchen faucet cause it leaked. Everything else is just cosmetic.

right now a reverse white flight is happening. more and more people are moving closer as the housing market crashes. downtown is getting better but the outskirts are going to shit.