Median Home Price in Detroit = $7,500

Jeebus, on the west side of Michigan median homes are still in the 125K range, I'm having trouble finding a decent home in my price range that isn't a P.O.S :(

(Still would have to pay me in freshly washed virgins to move to SE Mich, and I love the people there!)

Jeebus, on the west side of Michigan median homes are still in the 125K range, I'm having trouble finding a decent home in my price range that isn't a P.O.S :(

(Still would have to pay me in freshly washed virgins to move to SE Mich, and I love the people there!)
What all is in Michigan anyway, it always seemed like Wisconsin's wannabe brother. Yeah you gots Ann Arbor and Detroit but Wisconsin has the exact same climate, same lake and more stuff to do WITHOUT Detroit...

What all is in Michigan anyway, it always seemed like Wisconsin's wannabe brother. Yeah you gots Ann Arbor and Detroit but Wisconsin has the exact same climate, same lake and more stuff to do WITHOUT Detroit...

Well you do have Milwaukee, Chicago's red headed step brother.

We do have the better beaches.

Better Skiing (if you're into that kind of thing)

And most importantly

HOTTEST GOVERNOR EVER!!!!!!

300_30675.jpg

You could titty fuck that from Grand Rapids to Ypsilanti.

Last edited:

west sside of mich is fulla the dutch. :rolleyes:

Well you do have Milwaukee, Chicago's red headed step brother.

We do have the better beaches.

Better Skiing (if you're into that kind of thing)

And most importantly

HOTTEST GOVERNOR EVER!!!!!!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k115/snoogit/300_30675.jpg[/IM]

You could titty fuck that from Grand Rapids to Ypsilanti.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Also I live in NY.

right now a reverse white flight is happening. more and more people are moving closer as the housing market crashes. downtown is getting better but the outskirts are going to shit.

I can't remember the term for it but I remember discussing how that cycles works in a advanced sociology class I took in college. I can't remember the bs name of the class. The professor was an ex city manager so we went really in depth into city growth trends and long term planning for a total city infrastructure.

Anyways. A city typically is built with it's downtown originally being the best areas and the ghettos are on the fringe. As time goes on the downtown declines so the "good" population starts moving out to the cheaper suburbs and the "bad" high crime population begins moving into the declining downtown area. The trend will continue until the "good" population is on the fringe and the "bad" population saturates the downtown and urban decay happens. Typically this drops housing prices to a low enough point that the "good" population takes notice and they begin buying up the bad downtown area for cheap. A smart city will start giving tax breaks, rezoning, easier licensing, etc. Then you have an urban revival period where you get a strong shift of good population back into the downtown area and the "bad" population are shifted to the fringe and former suburbs of the "good" population. This is usually done with the aid of rising property values in the downtown producing more taxes for the city and therefore more money for police and an improved downtown infrastructure. After a while the cycle restarts again and that is how cities grow.

It was actually a very interesting class and I loved going high because the class would always break down into big group discussion and it would suck me in. I guess that explains why I can't remember the proper term or class name.

Last edited:

SW represent

You have got to be kidding. Wisconsin? Do people actually live there?

No one actually lives there. The entire state is owned by Willie Wonka. He makes the Oompa-Loompas do all the work.

Ahh that could be. Those at the New Glarus brewery did have an orange tinge to their skin, and they were quite short...

Is it even good for cheese? When I watched Stephen Fry in America he went to Wisconsin and I think he said the cheese was pretty hideous.

Wisconsin cheese is mostly the factory produced variety.

Best Cheese in America is in Vermont, same could be said for the best beer as well.

Now best tubular shaped sausage product could go to Wisconsin.

Wisconsin cheese is mostly the factory produced variety.

Best Cheese in America is in Vermont, same could be said for the best beer as well.

Now best tubular shaped sausage product could go to Wisconsin.

Vermont beer? Hardly.

Dogfish Head is from Delaware :drool: