Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

GUISES

remember back in March my grandpa had an aortic dissection (descending) and needed a huge stent put in .. surgery took 8hrs blah blah blah
so the tear in his aorta descended down all the way down to his groin and that was a shit show.

but this morning we had to rush him to the hospital again and this time he has an ascending aortic dissection and his heart is kind of bleeding, there’s a big pool of blood behind his heart and he is now having open heart surgery I’m sitting in the waiting room. So the chances of him surviving this are pretty shitty

Normally when they repair an ascending surgery they can repair it with part of the descending aorta. But since his is a stent they can’t connect it so they have to do some partial reconstructive surgery of his heart
Well fuck

GUISES

remember back in March my grandpa had an aortic dissection (descending) and needed a huge stent put in .. surgery took 8hrs blah blah blah
so the tear in his aorta descended down all the way down to his groin and that was a shit show.

but this morning we had to rush him to the hospital again and this time he has an ascending aortic dissection and his heart is kind of bleeding, there’s a big pool of blood behind his heart and he is now having open heart surgery I’m sitting in the waiting room. So the chances of him surviving this are pretty shitty

Normally when they repair an ascending surgery they can repair it with part of the descending aorta. But since his is a stent they can’t connect it so they have to do some partial reconstructive surgery of his heart
Hoping for it to go well chica. 🙏

GUISES

Fuck. I'm sorry you're going through that again

Good luck with grandpa @TuhMollie

I’m envious. I know it sounds weird, but after the day I had yesterday, I’d love to have an emergency surgery and not regain consciousness afterward. When I was last discharged, I had a brief opportunity to try the failed surgery again knowing my chance of survival was 20%. I said no too soon, but wasn’t ready then either. Oh well.

I’ve been monitoring what my heart is doing when my oxygen saturation drops. It used to hit north of 130 BPM when sat dropped, now it rarely hits 80 BPM when my sat is below 80%. That’s not good. Takes forever to “recover”, and “recovery” isn’t exactly what I’d call it anyway.

The rate of decline. I’ve said it before I’m sure, but man. The last week has been something to behold. I’m pretty sure I’ve had at least three minor heart attacks in the past week and the only thing that bugs me about them is they haven’t been strong enough to take me out. WTF I’m pretty wimpy right now, come at me.

I’m trying NOT to give up, but yesterday I set a new personal record for THC edible intake (over 90 mg THC) and have lifted my personal limits on opioid intake too. Fuck it. If it’s within the instructions, I’m taking it when needed. I’ve been underdosing all along and the doctor/nurse/me conference the other day convinced me to up my intake a little.

I really can’t see. I hope that’s doesn’t say blrgtynakied

I’ve been monitoring what my heart is doing when my oxygen saturation drops. It used to hit north of 130 BPM when sat dropped, now it rarely hits 80 BPM when my sat is below 80%. That’s not good. Takes forever to “recover”, and “recovery” isn’t exactly what I’d call it anyway.

The rate of decline. I’ve said it before I’m sure, but man. The last week has been something to behold. I’m pretty sure I’ve had at least three minor heart attacks in the past week and the only thing that bugs me about them is they haven’t been strong enough to take me out. WTF I’m pretty wimpy right now, come at me.

I’m trying NOT to give up, but yesterday I set a new personal record for THC edible intake (over 90 mg THC) and have lifted my personal limits on opioid intake too. Fuck it. If it’s within the instructions, I’m taking it when needed. I’ve been underdosing all along and the doctor/nurse/me conference the other day convinced me to up my intake a little.

Dog made drugs and beers because they love us and want us to be happy. Dose that shit like it's 1999 brother. :heart:

Dog made drugs and beers because they love us and want us to be happy. Dose that shit like it's 1999 brother. :heart:

I also halfway decided yesterday that before I go, I’m going to have a shot of tequila, (Quervo, stay true to my trashiness) two ice cold Budweisers, and a couple cigarettes, probably KOOLS.

Shower beers. You'll be dressed appropriately and be clean. ish. :)
Glad we can be here with you.

LOL I just checked yesterday, I’m over a month since my last shower again. I don’t think I’ve got another left in me, unless there are two more aides and they do it all. Washing my face yesterday caused an incident that required morphine to get out of.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
LOL I just checked yesterday, I’m over a month since my last shower again. I don’t think I’ve got another left in me, unless there are two more aides and they do it all. Washing my face yesterday caused an incident that required morphine to get out of.
fine. Caesar salad with fromunda & nutz, with smoked, drunk immi on top. Sounds almost like a hipster dish @fly would order. :p

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

If you need someone to unplug your ventilator so they can charge their phone, just wink at me.

Kids got their second dose of Pfizer today, so now they won't infect my antivaxxer mother, and she won't infect them.
Curious(I've previously shared how my pops was a bit anti-vaxxer and coulda killed me) - did you get your shots and stuff as a kid? Not gonna make a joke - serious. MYOB is fine too.

Curious(I've previously shared how my pops was a bit anti-vaxxer and coulda killed me) - did you get your shots and stuff as a kid? Not gonna make a joke - serious. MYOB is fine too.
Yeah, I got all my shots as a kid. IDK what her deal is, but she's filed COVID in with a normal seasonal flu, and she'd rather get it in the wild and possibly die than risk getting the sniffles from a shot.

It's dumb.

• Sad
  • Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie