Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

GUISES

i started ADHD medication at my ripe old age.

i don’t like the way it makes me feel.
i feel scared and jumpy and i’m on the super low PAEDIATRIC dosage

like i just get spooked by loud noises or if the phone rings unexpected. i guess it’s the stimulant?

i don’t drink coffee for the same reason

hope it gets better.
this is day 5

the PROS:
i’m getting some stuff done and i focus a bit better

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
GUISES

i started ADHD medication at my ripe old age.

i don’t like the way it makes me feel.
i feel scared and jumpy and i’m on the super low PAEDIATRIC dosage

like i just get spooked by loud noises or if the phone rings unexpected. i guess it’s the stimulant?

i don’t drink coffee for the same reason

hope it gets better.
this is day 5

the PROS:
i’m getting some stuff done and i focus a bit better
Any of that stuff has a major adjustment period. Talk to your doc about how long you should expect that to be and stick it out as long as it's not any of the really nasty stuff effects

Then why are you taking it?

for ADHD

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Any of that stuff has a major adjustment period. Talk to your doc about how long you should expect that to be and stick it out as long as it's not any of the really nasty stuff effects

I actually expressed my concerns to the doctor about the stimulant shit and she had suggested that I take it with another medication like a benzo for the evening but since I have a history of addiction to these types of medication, I told her no so I’m on the stupid ADHDmedication on its own, and I honestly find it too strong but she literally gave me the lowest dosage so maybe I just have to get adjusted to it. It wears off in the evening.

I feel like the medication makes me more anxious. I don’t know. I have to call her tomorrow, so I’ll definitely bring it up to her.

It reminds me a little bit of being on cocaine, but on a much lower level. It just reminds me of it and it’s not a good feeling.

Got another blister beetle treatment on my foot and fuck that shit. Never doing it again.

100% I'd rather have had the doctor dig around with a rusty spoon and no anesthesia than get crippled for a whole week after each treatment (I'm on #3, he says there might be a #4, but it's not happening).

I feel like the medication makes me more anxious. I don’t know. I have to call her tomorrow, so I’ll definitely bring it up to her.

It reminds me a little bit of being on cocaine, but on a much lower level. It just reminds me of it and it’s not a good feeling.
Heightened anxiety is a common side effect. If it doesn't reduce in a few weeks request another type of medication. I work a lot with adhd in my therapy practice and it's one of my specialties.

Heightened anxiety is a common side effect. If it doesn't reduce in a few weeks request another type of medication. I work a lot with adhd in my therapy practice and it's one of my specialties.

i’m confident that it will subside in a couple of weeks but the problem is that it’s hard for me to function right now like there’s no way I can take this medication and be working on a flight and I don’t like driving on it so waiting a few weeks until it finally decides to relax on me isn’t ideal either

i’m confident that it will subside in a couple of weeks but the problem is that it’s hard for me to function right now like there’s no way I can take this medication and be working on a flight and I don’t like driving on it so waiting a few weeks until it finally decides to relax on me isn’t ideal either
Yeah they're powerful meds. Maybe discuss with your doc if there's a better time to start and trial it? Or take it on certain days only not continuously. Its a bit like timing getting off an anti depressant.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Ask the doc if you can cut the pill in half?