Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Yeah, I almost should just go the bankruptcy route to clear it because it's from my ex fucking me on monthly bills. She was an accountant so I let her do all the financial stuff and the purchasing I never bought anything for all the time we were together she'd get me clothes sometimes and stuff for work. At some point she just stopped paying bills.
Is your life real?

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and fly
Is your life real?
That point actually comes up a lot. I don't know how to answer because this is my experience, apparently it is nowhere touching on the norm.

It seemed like a good idea at the time. She never worked full time so she had the time to make decisions while I was doing 12 hour shifts. It was kinda annoying to have to ask for my own money but she did pay my bills for a bit when I was unemployed.

I should have caught on when I was making like 60k and we were constantly struggling to pay rent and she wouldnt let me get a cellphone.

Last edited:
Yeah, I almost should just go the bankruptcy route to clear it because it's from my ex fucking me on monthly bills. She was an accountant so I let her do all the financial stuff and the purchasing I never bought anything for all the time we were together she'd get me clothes sometimes and stuff for work. At some point she just stopped paying bills.
You've got a ton of time on your hands. Look up debt validation. When @APRIL and I first started dating, that's how I fixed her credit.

You've got a ton of time on your hands. Look up debt validation. When @APRIL and I first started dating, that's how I fixed her credit.
Cool I haven't heard of that. I know a couple are statue of limitationed out but I still get the occasional email. cause 2019-2024 is 5 years so next year almost all of them will be time barred (MD is 6 years)

I know they don't fall off your report until 7 years but I also don't want to accidentally reset the clock. One of them did sue but court said they had no standing for some reason.

Last edited:
Cool I haven't heard of that. I know a couple are statue of limitationed out but I still get the occasional email. cause 2019-2024 is 5 years so next year almost all of them will be time barred (MD is 6 years)

I know they don't fall off your report until 7 years but I also don't want to accidentally reset the clock. One of them did sue but court said they had no standing for some reason.
At this point, every one of them is going to fail debt validation. There's no way they will be able to prove they own debt after that long. In fact, with the stiff penalties they could receive, its just not worth their time. You can have them off your credit in a matter of months.

At this point, every one of them is going to fail debt validation. There's no way they will be able to prove they own debt after that long. In fact, with the stiff penalties they could receive, its just not worth their time. You can have them off your credit in a matter of months.
Wow that would be awesome, it's really what holds me back. I had 800ish score before she came into my life.

Wow that would be awesome, it's really what holds me back. I had 800ish score before she came into my life.
Do it. You're the perfect asshole for the job. There was some dude on the FatWallet Finance forums back in the day who didn't have a job and spent his time suing debt collectors and winning. IIRC, his name was codename47, but I can't find any of the posts cause FWF is gone. :(

edit: Here he is! https://www.dallasobserver.com/news...-collectors-off-his-back-he-sues-them-6419391

• Haha
Reactions: Valve1138

Decided to stop taking the medication. It was way too strong for me. Way too much.

i’ve been diagnosed for a while and more than once ..
trust me, IRL, you’d notice it
If you're not vibing with medication then concentrating on getting your diet, sleep and exercise on form is always a good idea. I'm imagining that your work is fucking with having a regular sleep scheduling and is further exacerbating your symptoms.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor