Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I'm not concerned about us. I'm *slightly* concerned that these companies have invested tens of billions into providing something we may not need a billion doses of a month. While I think the science has been pretty good so far, nothing is above corruption.

Hopefully it can be retasked somehow, but that doesn't seem likely.
gotta remember theres more to the world than the US too. For example, most of the continent of africa is at a sub 1% vaccination rate.

What's the science say about someone who has had covid and has gotten vaccinated getting the booster? Is it necessary or will I O.D. on antibodies?
adam sandler youre gonna die clown GIF

It's surprisingly not.

During the height of the pandemic, I went six months without washing my hair. I was interested to see if shampoo was *really* required and figured that a time when I'm not really close to anyone would be a great time to try. Very early on I went through about 1-2 weeks of dandruff, after that, smooth sailing.
I've gone a month between bathing more times than I can count. I also find that the dandruff thing reaches its peak around the 1 or 2 week point. It doesn't really "go away" after that. Maybe reduces some or just becomes a regular part of life you don't notice so much anymore.

As far as the rest, you can only get so dirty, we are animals after all. You get used to that too.

There are legit medical studies that say bathing is bad, like you should leave your natural skin oils and hair oils and stuff on you. Removing them with soaps and things is more hurting than helping.

It gets itchy once in a while but you get used to that too.

Basically somebody somewhere just dreamed up some cultural thing where you're supposed to bathe all the time and expect it of other people too but if you think about it objectively it really makes no sense.

Indoor plumbing has only been a common thing extremely recently in the grand scheme of human existence and some places in this country it hasn't even been a thing for 100 years yet, and we're a rich developed nation, doing better than a lot of places in the world.

To think you must bathe all the time is the height of foolishness, yet people demand it to the point they scorn those who don't.
Ridiculousness I say.

It's surprisingly not.

During the height of the pandemic, I went six months without washing my hair. I was interested to see if shampoo was *really* required and figured that a time when I'm not really close to anyone would be a great time to try. Very early on I went through about 1-2 weeks of dandruff, after that, smooth sailing.
but you still rinsed with water tho right?

I enjoy bathing.

I also enjoy not smelling like hobos pissed all over me.

So, I'ma keep doing what I want.
I don't enjoy bathing at all. I do it because I'm expected to, but I don't enjoy it.
If you enjoy it, that's cool too.

Basically somebody somewhere just dreamed up some cultural thing where you're supposed to bathe all the time and expect it of other people too but if you think about it objectively it really makes no sense.

Indoor plumbing has only been a common thing extremely recently in the grand scheme of human existence and some places in this country it hasn't even been a thing for 100 years yet, and we're a rich developed nation, doing better than a lot of places in the world.

To think you must bathe all the time is the height of foolishness, yet people demand it to the point they scorn those who don't.
Ridiculousness I say.
People also regularly died in childbirth and went around with 2 teeth because the rest rotted out of their heads.

People also regularly died in childbirth and went around with 2 teeth because the rest rotted out of their heads.
You're talking about early child deaths and women dying during childbirth. Yes stuff like that is much better now but back then, if you made it into adulthood and didn't die in a work accident or something, people then lived into their 70s, 80s, and even 90s just like the do now.

The increase in life expectancy in modern times is mostly to do with child mortality, not making old people live to be even older. Sure we got cancer treatments and things that can stretch it out for 6 months or a year or two, maybe even save one here and there, but it ain't enough to make much of a dent in a rate that's projected across millions and billions of people.

Progress keeps happening, things keep getting better, but in the big picture they're baby steps that happen across generations.

You're an animal, you stink, get over it.
Animals clean themselves with plain water and licking. Being an animal you should too.

@HipHugHer - curious, how often do you wash your clothing and/or change them? And no chaffing if you just leave the fromunda there for weeks? I'm assuming you don't get head.:oops:
I'll go 3-4 days in the winter, tops. Beyond individual chemistry, most people find their need for bathing changes greatly as they age. I used to use dish soap my hair would get so greasy. Now, I wash my face with body wash and just run a little of that soap quickly across the scalp. Otherwise dry and itchy for 2 days.

You're an animal, you stink, get over it.
Animals clean themselves with plain water and licking. Being an animal you should too.
I'm not basing my lifestyle on animals that only live 1/8 as long as me. They also don't have many options - opposable thumbs and plumbing for starters. An animal gets a cut that gets infected, it dies a slow, painful death. Infected "Ed" - slaps on some Neosporin and continues having a good time.

I use my tongue to check how well my partner bathed ;)