Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

My dad decided we didn’t need a nice quiet weekend and tried to have a heart attack this evening. It’s likely a partial blockage and he’s in the hospital doing all sorts of tests and such to determine the exact problem and a solution.
that suuuuuucks but it's good news that he was able to get to the hospital and they're taking care of him! I hope his heart stops being a little jerk and starts acting right so he feels better. heart attacks aren't good, but catching it is key and it sounds like y'all did.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
Parents getting old sucks.
Ain't that the truth. My mom turns 79 this year. She has some type of heart arrhythmia, osteoporosis, and other ailments. Had to wear a heart monitor for 30 days earlier this year. Not sure what the results of the monitor were, like if a pace maker is required or what. She is changing her diet (cutting all caffeine) which she hates because loves her cup of real coffee in the morning.

Before we had kids, peanut and I always talked about the kids spending summer at my parents place in the mountains to get to know their grandparents and have a good getaway.. but in the last 5 years, they got .... elderly. Enough so that they definitely couldnt handle a couple of kids for a summer.

What was his symptoms?
Chest pain. Different pain then he had ever felt but not super bad. He figured it was bad heartburn or something. Sat down and took his blood pressure and it was super elevated so they went to urgent care just in case. After about 4-5 hours the pain dissipated on its own.

I'm on a new medication. It has two ramp up phases where you increase the level of medication. Every time you do it has the chance to induce diarrhea.

Been pissing out my butt since I started the second phase and I hate it.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
In keeping with his wishes, I hope he doesn't post from ICU hooked to a bazillion machines. We've had roughly a dozen years of acquaintance - I don't wish that on my friend. That's what makes me nervous.
I hope his son is getting more driving lessons from the neighbors. Glad he has some nice peeps nearby.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Hi all.

Just a quickie note.

I’m not gone yet, but came Dan close, and can’t really type well right now, or left nyuk nyuk.

I went for another ambulance ride. I don’t remember all the particulars but shit maybe I am dead what the F

I think I got over-drugged, not sure,, but I lost a week somewhere, and now I’m on all new meds, all liquid, and am in a hospital bed in my living room. I know my son’s cat slept on me last night. He has taken a month off work (unsure if I said that before before or not.) I also have a night nurse sitting here who fed me home-made blackberry crisp she picked and made herself. Oh yeah

I also have a catheter (thank God) and tons of sticky sensor snaps all over that I keep finding.oh man..

I effing love you guys more than you you know. Maybe less after I get coherent enough to read but unlikely, you’re too good. I must either be nuts or love y’all because I felt the urge to come here and post as soon as I could lift the ipad. Sheesh. I’m a mess. Most BBcrisp please.

I also heard Dusty Hill died. That’s weird.

More later I hope.