Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

That's only because you don't remember what real ones taste like.
You've probably only ever had healthy vegan burgers if you've never had a good one. There's a place in Charlotte called Bean Vegan and I'm pretty sure their burger sheds years off of my life every time I eat it. It's not the meat that tastes good, it's the fat.

turkey burgers are also fantastic if you know how to cook em right. If you dont, theyre a brick of sawdust pellets.
Yeah I bet they can taste good but usually the turkey is ground using the leanest meat. I'm sure they are awesome if done correctly.

Yeah I bet they can taste good but usually the turkey is ground using the leanest meat. I'm sure they are awesome if done correctly.

yeah, turkey is a super lean meat. I generally will add a little olive oil, and most importantly a grated onion (should be liquid). That the biggest bang you can add to any burger is a grated onion

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
You've probably only ever had healthy vegan burgers if you've never had a good one. There's a place in Charlotte called Bean Vegan and I'm pretty sure their burger sheds years off of my life every time I eat it. It's not the meat that tastes good, it's the fat.
I'm pretty sure I have had good vegan patties and they are a facsimile of the real thing. That said, there a ton of good vegan meals. Attempted replications of beer aren't one IMHO.

im not even a vegetarian or anything and ive made some mushroom based burgers that taste far better than beef.
I'm sure it was delicious, but at no point would anyone be fooled into thinking it was a burger. That said, I'd eat the hell out of a yummy mushroom sandwich.