Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I'm pretty sure I have had good vegan patties and they are a facsimile of the real thing. That said, there a ton of good vegan meals. Attempted replications of beer aren't one IMHO.
Well a facsimile is difined as an exact copy which is not what a vegan burger is. In my experience the best ones aren't trying to taste like meat and if you go in expecting one to taste like meat you're going to be disappointed before you even take the first bite. Thats like drinking coke when you thought it was milk.

I'm sure it was delicious, but at no point would anyone be fooled into thinking it was a hamburger. That said, I'd eat the hell out of a yummy mushroom sandwich.
Fixed. Burger is both short for hamburger and a name for a sandwich similar to a hamburger.

Well a facsimile is difined as an exact copy which is not what a vegan burger is. In my experience the best ones aren't trying to taste like meat and if you go in expecting one to taste like meat you're going to be disappointed before you even take the first bite. Thats like drinking coke when you thought it was milk.
Agreed wholeheartedly. Burger has a certain connotation to it, so I demand that they come up with another name!

I was never bothered by eggs in food, like cake or whatever, but even one half of a deviled egg would knock me down for the day. I’d still tempt fate on occasion and one day, I was fine. Almost like flipping a switch. Now one of my favorite snacks is a hard boiled egg, eaten over the kitchen sink with a salt shaker handy, and a Coke chaser. That’s ambrosia in my WT world.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Back on topic.

Outside of inhalers, is there anything I can do for exercise-induced asthma? I've had it all my life. I fucking hate that I get easily winded walking up my road. Hiking is a bitch too and I love to get out and see some nice mountains.

Back on topic.

Outside of inhalers, is there anything I can do for exercise-induced asthma? I've had it all my life. I fucking hate that I get easily winded walking up my road. Hiking is a bitch too and I love to get out and see some nice mountains.
Albuterol, or move somewhere dry and not cold.

Back on topic.

From Mayo Clinic dot com:

Leukotriene modifiers are oral medications that may block inflammatory activity for some people. These drugs may be used daily or as a preventive treatment before exercise if taken at least two hours in advance. Examples include montelukast (Singulair), zafirlukast (Accolate) and zileuton (Zyflo, Zyflo CR).

In my short time dealing with asthma, every Tx prescribed was an inhaler of various meds. Good luck! I sure would dislike having that type of thing in a younger, otherwise healthy body.

Your other option is a robot body with your head attached. Years away, sadly.