Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I've had a catheter once during one of my hospital stays, no idea why as I was free to get out of bed and walk around. Not a pleasant experience feeling the tube scrape the inside of your bladder. And getting it taken out burns really badly. I don't recommend it.

When I got injured, the ambulance doors opened and a team of yellow-gowned folks grabbed me. One guy had a big splatter shield on his face and even before I was fully unloaded, threw my gown up (I was transferred from a different hospital not able to do what was needed) and he looked scared to death. Inserted the catheter immediately.

After a few days in the trauma unit, a nurse came in late at night to remove it. After she pulled it out, she squeezed my D a little and said “Aw”, and I instantly chubbed. Then she smiled and left.

We had s chuckle about it the next night. It’s perhaps my fondest hospital memory.

My longest stays so far were 32 and 21 days.

The 32 day stay was horrible, because they couldn’t get me well yet wasn’t too bad because I became a fixture. I made my own root beer floats at 2 am and could leave to smoke whenever I wanted.

That would’ve been a good time to quit because they would’ve provided the assistance needed.

I’m a dumb ass. I’m still glad I quit, just not soon enough to matter.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I just had a checkup.

I am “severely malnourished”.

Then she looked at my history and was like “Oh”.

I always have been :p i grew up close enough to the border than canadian coins up to quarters were generally accepted when i was growing up, and if you got really close to the border, people started speaking french

Must've been a little closer than me. We would occasionally get nickels or dimes in our pocket change. Everybody accepted them.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant