Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

fuuuck, a friend of mine's 5 year old daughter has aplastic anemia and is in need of a 100% match bone marrow donor

makes me sad today.
if anyone here is interested & not already on the registry, there are several ways to sign up for the bone marrow registry & it's super easy. http://bethematch.org is where I signed up several years back - they just have you do some buccal swabs I think.

everyone in the US should also know that per federal labor laws, they are entitled to time away from work for organ donation if they are eligible for FMLA. some states, like WI, have their own special protections for organ donors, but FMLA in general should cover organ donation as well

My man flu from 2 weeks ago has subsided into a super painful episode of nasal vestibulitis with a generous helping of staphylococcus aureus in a lovely boil (on the inside of my f'n nose).

Nailed that bastard with a needle and some mupirocin.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I have one fond memory of my recent hospital stay. After the angioplasty, I was back in my room and was brought the dinner I’d ordered earlier. I hadn’t eaten in almost 20 hours. While cramming that burger in my pie hole, I was so goddamned high. Just fuzzy warm, and smiling. I’ve recovered from dozens of knockouts, but nothing felt like that before.

I’d love to feel that way all the time. No drug has ever made me feel that good.

MORE

I have one fond memory of my recent hospital stay. After the angioplasty, I was back in my room and was brought the dinner I’d ordered earlier. I hadn’t eaten in almost 20 hours. While cramming that burger in my pie hole, I was so goddamned high. Just fuzzy warm, and smiling. I’ve recovered from dozens of knockouts, but nothing felt like that before.

I’d love to feel that way all the time. No drug has ever made me feel that good.

MORE
So you just want to get high on burgers?

MORE
I have not had any high experiences after surgery in recovery rooms. Have had morphine a handful of times, just made me sleepy and not feel any pain. I'm allergic to codeine based meds. :/

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I have not had any high experiences after surgery in recovery rooms. Have had morphine a handful of times, just made me sleepy and not feel any pain. I'm allergic to codeine based meds. :/

Yep, that’s what I mean. Surgery just makes me want to sleep, this wasn’t that at all. Euphoric.

I had a really strange reaction once. Stone cold deaf for three days after a longer surgery. The anesthesiologist came to see me in the room and said it happens like one in a million surgeries, and I was the one, and it would return to normal given time.

He actually kind of yelled it.

Pain meds just made me sleepy too! I’d pop a Percocet and be out for four hours.

I’m backward. They wake me up. If I dare take an extra oxycodone, I can’t sit still. A few years ago, if I had a big task like massive housecleaning or yard work, I’d take an extra half pill and the job would fly right by.

On another note, my Rx a year ago was for 210 pills a month. Now it’s 105, or 3.5 a day, and I’ve been taking two a day for the past month. No more running low. I have over a month’s supply in reserve. My doctor is proud of me.

😁

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi and fly
had my first cervix check today at my 38w checkup. my cervix ain't doing shit yet so that's cool, though ya girl got worn like a fucking hand puppet which was, you know, not cool.

om the pro side, the OBs here have small hands. but on the con side, small hands mean grinding knuckles into my growlermeat to get her fingers to reach the cervix. she said as I progress, it'll feel less like she's reaching for my tonsils :lol: