Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
Marklar
43,313.59₥
aw jeez, dude. I mean, if your heart is gonna do weird shit, at least you're somewhere with a bunch of medical folks who can do something about if.
For now.

They were getting ready to bounce me after finding out how under insured I am and the cardiologist stepped in and said no.

I’m not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, but can’t afford Medicare supplements.

Just had a chat with a social worker hoping that now that I’m so sick, other resources may be available.

• Gravy
Reactions: august

august

I’m always wet in my basement area
Sep 23, 2006
Madison, WI
Marklar
12,123.14₥
For now.

They were getting ready to bounce me after finding out how under insured I am and the cardiologist stepped in and said no.

I’m not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, but can’t afford Medicare supplements.

Just had a chat with a social worker hoping that now that I’m so sick, other resources may be available.
this is the shit that drives me nuts when people tall about these programs and insist things like
1) "if you're poor enough, you can qualify for programs" - what constitutes "poor enough" to qualify for shit rarely has a basis in real life; and
b) "well legally they can't deny you care!" bc actually they 100% can, they can't let you actually code & do nothing but they can get rid of you as soon as you're stable without actually fixing the problem, just stabilizing the symptom(s)

I hope they keep you until they figure shit out & get you on the path to getting well

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
Marklar
43,313.59₥
this is the shit that drives me nuts when people tall about these programs and insist things like
1) "if you're poor enough, you can qualify for programs" - what constitutes "poor enough" to qualify for shit rarely has a basis in real life; and
b) "well legally they can't deny you care!" bc actually they 100% can, they can't let you actually code & do nothing but they can get rid of you as soon as you're stable without actually fixing the problem, just stabilizing the symptom(s)

I hope they keep you until they figure shit out & get you on the path to getting well

Thank you! I agree completely.

It’s dawning on me that I shouldn’t have called 911, but my selfish self wanted to stay alive. How dare I.

• Gravy
Reactions: august