Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I just had a lot of dairy based stuff this weekend, and for the first time in a while had cereal and milk for breakfast for a couple days in a row and I've just been constant bubbleguts since.

It's the one thing I can really think of that may have done it. No real change outside of that

What kind of cereal?

Just curious.

Mine came on later. I’m pretty certain it’s more ibs as I have a long list of foods. Dairy was causing bubble guts for a little while then one day I had a glass of milk and went shopping. I ended up on the floor in the fetal position of a Kmart cause the cramps were so bad. That was the last glass of milk I’ve ever had (I can have a few sips at a time or have it if it’s cooked in things). Now I can see the signs and I eliminate foods from my diet before they get that bad.

Mine came on later. I’m pretty certain it’s more ibs as I have a long list of foods. Dairy was causing bubble guts for a little while then one day I had a glass of milk and went shopping. I ended up on the floor in the fetal position of a Kmart cause the cramps were so bad. That was the last glass of milk I’ve ever had (I can have a few sips at a time or have it if it’s cooked in things). Now I can see the signs and I eliminate foods from my diet before they get that bad.

That’s horrible!

KMart indeed.

oh I surely fucking hope not, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. this isn't something I've normally experienced, so as much as I've joked about the hairy baby stuff I really just figured it was the combo of the excess stuff in my abdominal cavity smooshing my stomach & the hormones that make my stuff all loosely goosey not keeping the acid from being smooshed out my esophagus.

how has YOUR stuff been BTW? wasn't it you that was having a tough time with EoE?
Ive learned to control it with diet and pacing for the most part. None of the medicines did shit, so im just real careful. Red meat and red bell peppers still set me into full choking almost immediately. That said, i like both those things, so i very stubbornly take small bites and chew for like 20 minutes and can get through a small portion

• Gravy
Reactions: august
I just had a lot of dairy based stuff this weekend, and for the first time in a while had cereal and milk for breakfast for a couple days in a row and I've just been constant bubbleguts since.

It's the one thing I can really think of that may have done it. No real change outside of that
well dairy-based stuff can be hit or miss bc there's varying amounts of lactose, so even if you are lactose intolerant, there may be some dairy things you can keep having!

yeah I'd probably keep a food journal for a bit, keeping track of drinks, meals, snacks, & then also symptoms and BMs and stuff. try eliminating dairy for a while & then try it again and see how it goes? if it's not the dairy, it might be the cereal as others mentioned.

Ugh, the stupid surgery on my finger failed to relieve me of the nail growing out the side of the damned thing.

Caught the nail on my pocket this morning and ripped it out again. Now I can fit a thumbtack almost all the way down the hole before bottoming out.

20190423_084725.jpg

Ugh, the stupid surgery on my finger failed to relieve me of the nail growing out the side of the damned thing.

Caught the nail on my pocket this morning and ripped it out again. Now I can fit a thumbtack almost all the way down the hole before bottoming out.

View attachment 6972
I 100% understand the desire to stick stuff in wound holes to see how deep they go, one time I posted me shoving an entire earring post into a hole caused by a filet knife that fell & bounced up/into my leg :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum