Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I wrenched the shit outta my back this weekend and its been causing me no end of pain ever since.
I need a small 40lb person to walk on it or something. Or maybe one of them little asian ladies with surprisingly strong hands to just rub the kinks out for me.
Or maybe just increase my heroin intake, that may work

Sit in a hot bath with bath salts, and stop trying to "fix it" by moving "the right way".

Sit in a hot bath with bath salts, and stop trying to "fix it" by moving "the right way".
some of us have this thing called "employment" which generally doesnt allow for lounging in the bath.

Although i expect mustard might be able to find an appropriately large pressure vessel.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
They wouldn't let me drink anything after heart surgery 2 on account of me waking up from he coma and pulling my breathing tube out.

Combine that with clogged up sinuses, I was ready to murder someone.

They finally gave me ice chips when I was fully awake and lied that I could swallow fine.
Did they make you keep blowing in that idiotic breathalyzer thinger? I hated that, because I had a cold, so it would invariably make me cough a little bit, which would make the stitches from my dick to my sternum go "OH MY GOD STOP IT HURTS SO MUCH".

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Did they make you keep blowing in that idiotic breathalyzer thinger? I hated that, because I had a cold, so it would invariably make me cough a little bit, which would make the stitches from my dick to my sternum go "OH MY GOD STOP IT HURTS SO MUCH".
my bro had is lungs worked on -through his ribs- & I remember his face when my mother tried to lighten the mood with some humor.

"OH MY GOD STOP IT HURTS SO MUCH"

i thought that thing was dumb too until i realized its purpose (which they never tell you). Its called an incentive spirometer. The intent of that it to keep you from getting pneumonia, and its got a huge set of evidence behind it that shows it works really really well.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
my bro had is lungs worked on -through his ribs- & I remember his face when my mother tried to lighten the mood with some humor.

"OH MY GOD STOP IT HURTS SO MUCH"
Nothing compared to me accidentally leaning on the leg weights of a guy(I won't call him a friend) with a broken leg, up in traction. Hey, I was just there to see my buddy who was on the same motorcycle when they ran it into a parked car. He screamed like Fuck. We had a laugh about it later.

Nothing compared to me accidentally leaning on the leg weights of a guy(I won't call him a friend) with a broken leg, up in traction. Hey, I was just there to see my buddy who was on the same motorcycle when they ran it into a parked car. He screamed like Fuck. We had a laugh about it later.
death machines
or at least broken limb machines

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
So my fingernail is trying to fall off, right? Puppy was playing and hooked her teeth under it and pulled. Didn't mean to, but god damn it hurt.
I've ran some 5 minute epoxy over those types of nails, bonding them to the new one coming in, then kept the old prick trimmed back well. YMMV

Last edited:
It was a friend's birthday on friday so I drunk myself into oblivion.

Woke up with the worst headache in years, so as any self respecting drunkard would do, I started drinking immediately.

Nope. Spent the entire saturday with this headache.

And the sunday.

Had to leave work on monday.

Couldn't go to work on tuesday.

Was at home on wednesday.

I also had some blood pressure readings off the fucking charts. Years of drinking and junk food might have finally caught up with me at the age of 34.

I still don't feel good.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and HipHugHer
It was a friend's birthday on friday so I drunk myself into oblivion.

Woke up with the worst headache in years, so as any self respecting drunkard would do, I started drinking immediately.

Nope. Spent the entire saturday with this headache.

And the sunday.

Had to leave work on monday.

Couldn't go to work on tuesday.

Was at home on wednesday.

I also had some blood pressure readings off the fucking charts. Years of drinking and junk food might have finally caught up with me at the age of 34.

I still don't feel good.
You can drink yourself into an early death you know. Pigpen of the Grateful Dead died slightly before or slightly after his 30th birthday.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG