Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Pro tip, when you respond with physical threats, and justify bigotry and homophobic slurs as valid responses, the person you are responding to isnt the one who is triggered.

Do i need need to point out again that you figure my agreeing with a statement Imni made is what equated to as 'asking for this'?
My balls itch. I can't take pro tips from an ametuer. Nice to see you are still fuming.:p

when you use gay shit as an insult, even if you "don't mean it" or justify it by saying you're only using it in THIS CASE because this one guy deserves it, you're still reinforcing the idea that gay shit is a joke, that being gay is bad, and that the worst thing you could call someone is gay. it's the same with dinguses that claim to be woke but intentionally misgender/deadname trans folks they don't like (e.g. Caitlin Jenner).

if you say something homophobic, it doesn't mean you're an irredeemable homophobe - sometimes there's layers of learned behavior and shit to unpack. but if someone calls you on it and you double down on it, maybe take some time to reevaluate your beliefs and priorities, because it sounds like at the very least you're chill with using homophobic shit to get over on someone.

I've specifically avoided chiming in or pointing shit like this out because the last time there was a goddamn meltdown, so please note that I am not claiming that this is the only homophobic shit I've seen, it's just the one where a discussion about it has gone on for pages and pages now.

when you use gay shit as an insult, even if you "don't mean it" or justify it by saying you're only using it in THIS CASE because this one guy deserves it, you're still reinforcing the idea that gay shit is a joke, that being gay is bad, and that the worst thing you could call someone is gay. it's the same with dinguses that claim to be woke but intentionally misgender/deadname trans folks they don't like (e.g. Caitlin Jenner).

if you say something homophobic, it doesn't mean you're an irredeemable homophobe - sometimes there's layers of learned behavior and shit to unpack. but if someone calls you on it and you double down on it, maybe take some time to reevaluate your beliefs and priorities, because it sounds like at the very least you're chill with using homophobic shit to get over on someone.

I've specifically avoided chiming in or pointing shit like this out because the last time there was a goddamn meltdown, so please note that I am not claiming that this is the only homophobic shit I've seen, it's just the one where a discussion about it has gone on for pages and pages now.
Well, due to the unrelenting hatred a very small percentage have shown here, we are in a forced hierarchy where THEY can make tons of those types of comments but we are labeled as homophobic or bad people if we do the same. In my experience many openly (and not) gay people make those same comments. I think it's a form of "self abasing humor" people use to normalize things, if only in their own head.. Kind of like black people using the N word or Amstel using da-go.

that the worst thing you could call someone is gay.
For someone of my & Duke's decade of birth, it was. I try never to reference him first - I use the hideously mean "joke" to repel him when he comes at me. As in"step the fuck off".
BOT - mind games