Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

But come on.... the system is broken and greedy. You can't disagree there, but if you do... my point still stands.
Broken and greedy doesn't get fixed by more gov't. It gets fixed by less.

Less gov't = more opportunity for competition = lower pricing with higher quality.

When I get blood drawn the only pricing I get is a super high MSRP quote. All negotiations are done via "who's your insurance carrier" and if I'm lucky I can get a supervisor to tell me what a cash discounted price is.

The pricing is entirely fucked up because there's countless insurance cos paying different amounts. The actual service providers know that they'll be getting money from several sources - gov't, ins co, and the patient so they fuck up the pricing and let bill collectors handle the rest.

Keeping everything foggy is their game.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I may have been profane in my written explanation to the insurance company (I believe it had something like "THERE WAS A FINGERNAIL GROWING OUT THE SIDE OF MY FUCKING FINGER").

I wonder if that'll affect their determination of benefits.
You know at the ins co there's a bulletin board and "customer funnies" email with shit like that on it. :lol:

Basically they're trying to weasel their way out of doing anything.
Yep. This is what we get when we pick ins plans via "this one will save us $30/mo & it's got almost everything we need." It gets cost analyzed down to the penny. Just like car parts, you get what you pay for. You know the differences in car part varieties and where you can cut corners and where you can't. Ins is the same way. Pricing is so tight you need to know what you're getting and when necessary, remind the waitress (ins co rep) that your meal came with a cookie for dessert included!! :lol:

I had the same thing when I had an out patient surgery done. I knew ahead of time I needed to write down who/when I spoke with for all authorizations. Denial after surgery = was reversed!!!

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Yep. This is what we get when we pick ins plans via "this one will save us $30/mo & it's got almost everything we need." It gets cost analyzed down to the penny. Just like car parts, you get what you pay for. You know the differences in car part varieties and where you can cut corners and where you can't. Ins is the same way. Pricing is so tight you need to know what you're getting and when necessary, remind the waitress (ins co rep) that your meal came with a cookie for dessert included!! :lol:

I had the same thing when I had an out patient surgery done. I knew ahead of time I needed to write down who/when I spoke with for all authorizations. Denial after surgery = was reversed!!!
It's weird, in their website, I have the authorization letter from 12/29, immediately followed by their request for clarification yesterday.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
It's weird, in their website, I have the authorization letter from 12/29, immediately followed by their request for clarification yesterday.
:lol: in a funny not funny way.

Do you print that stuff out (is there a need to?) 'cuz I've been fucked by a few bucks over not having 'a copy' of what I'm telling. (I have a folder with screen caps & saved PDFs)

:lol: in a funny not funny way.

Do you print that stuff out (is there a need to?) 'cuz I've been fucked by a few bucks over not having 'a copy' of what I'm telling. (I have a folder with screen caps & saved PDFs)
Of course I do. It's on my server that went tits up last night. And also on my crashplan backup. And also on my periodically burned bluray backup.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel