Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

my dad just got his bill from the surgery. He owes around 3 grand. I guess that aint that bad
Might be other bills on the way. Hospital, surgeon, anesthesiologist, any other consulting doctor who looked at the chart, imaging bills for ct scans, ultrasounds, whatever tests he had before and after. He can contact them and set up a payment plan with just a few bucks a month, and it won't hurt his credit as long as he keeps up with it.

How's he feeling?

I've had this lingering cold for the last week. First was a sore throat for two days. Then that went away and I was congested and had the cold sweats for three days. Then I was just congested and a cough developed. Now the congestion is mostly gone, but I still have this nagging cough that won't go away. It's still mildly productive, so it's not just a dry cough, but still... I'm tired of this natural ab workout.

Might be other bills on the way. Hospital, surgeon, anesthesiologist, any other consulting doctor who looked at the chart, imaging bills for ct scans, ultrasounds, whatever tests he had before and after. He can contact them and set up a payment plan with just a few bucks a month, and it won't hurt his credit as long as he keeps up with it.

How's he feeling?
It won't hurt his credit if he doesn't. Medical bills don't go on credit reports.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and nukes
Yeah I have a medical writeoff on CreditKarma right now for $85. That's a no brainer, I'll pay it off after I pay the household bills.
Don't. Any action on the account can revive the blemish, meaning it stays on there for 7 years from the date of payment. Dispute it. Creditors have very specific laws they have to follow. More than likely, it will just disappear entirely after you do. @APRIL and I got a bunch of stuff removed from her credit years ago by doing this.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and Domon
Don't. Any action on the account can revive the blemish, meaning it stays on there for 7 years from the date of payment. Dispute it. Creditors have very specific laws they have to follow. More than likely, it will just disappear entirely after you do. @APRIL and I got a bunch of stuff removed from her credit years ago by doing this.
What nomenclature should one use for the dispute?

Well @nukes , A blight has come to the Strings household. The wife is suffering a bout of vertigo. Poor women can't move without the entire house spinning out of control. She needs me now more than ever.
In sickness and in health, Nukes.
Its all good. I knew she was a dizzy broad before I married her.