Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Bahaha, I pulled the king-daddy-rabbit of all bone splinters out of my finger yesterday. That was quickly followed by a couple lesser-bunny splinters this morning and this afternoon.

It's alarming, but also strangely soothing to see them come out.

The finger really likes about 10 minute soaks in epsom salts.

I'm about a quarter of the way through my 4th stint on antibiotics.

So, this is a new one, guys! This is for you ocular migraine sufferers.

This morning, I thought I was having some acid flashback dream because there were these crazy ass, rainbowy, swirly, flashy bright strobes going on. o_O

Then, I woke up & the shit was still there!!
It was dark & my eyeballs would not stop seeing these crazy ass strobes of rainbows swirling around. It went on for like 15 mins.

Anyway, it was the worst Ocular migraine I've ever had! Like, I've never been woke up by one & it was so intense, like my head was pounding & buzzing. :eek:

Friggin weird shit. The rest of the day was my dropping things & tripping over my own feet. :rolleyes::oops:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots

This morning, I thought I was having some acid flashback dream because there were these crazy ass, rainbowy, swirly, flashy bright strobes going on. o_O

It was dark & my eyeballs would not stop seeing these crazy ass strobes of rainbows swirling around. It went on for like 15 mins.

Anyway, it was the worst Ocular migraine I've ever had! Like, I've never been woke up by one & it was so intense, like my head was pounding & buzzing. :eek:

Friggin weird shit. The rest of the day was my dropping things & tripping over my own feet. :rolleyes::oops:
Have you had your head checked? Fly's dad had swirly things in his vision before he was diagnosed with brain cancer. I'm not a doctor, obvs, just paranoid. :hs:

Have you had your head checked? Fly's dad had swirly things in his vision before he was diagnosed with brain cancer. I'm not a doctor, obvs, just paranoid. :hs:
My older sister had semi-regular migraines. Went in, got scanned, turned out (and I might butcher this) "one of the three main veins that feed the brain did not settle in the right/normal spot and ended up squiggling around until it found an alternate route to feed that section of her brain an adequate supply of blood."

Basically high blood pressure ended up putting pressure on her brain in a way that would cause migraines.

Scary as shit to go through until the docs figured out there was a minimal risk for her

My older sister had semi-regular migraines. Went in, got scanned, turned out (and I might butcher this) "one of the three main veins that feed the brain did not settle in the right/normal spot and ended up squiggling around until it found an alternate route to feed that section of her brain an adequate supply of blood."

Basically high blood pressure ended up putting pressure on her brain in a way that would cause migraines.

Scary as shit to go through until the docs figured out there was a minimal risk for her
Ya, brain stuff is scary because a lot of it is so uncharted. :hs:

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
Been having fairly massive fibromyalgia/pinched nerve pain for over 10 days.
Stretching wasn't helping much.
Got back down to one cup of coffee per 24 hours.
WORKING THE 1AM SHIFT ON ONE CUP OF COFFEE SUCKS!

But the pain has diminished somewhat.

Sitting for long periods of time can hurt, Nukes.
Try standing while you work.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes

have you seen a doctor?
this would worry me :(

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots

have you seen a doctor?
this would worry me :(

Well, as I mentioned, I started having these ocular thingies like in 2009. I have a maternal gma who had horrid eye problems, including cataracts & occurances with detached retinas, so I've have definitely been a big advocate with making sure that when I get eye exams, this is all mentioned, (including my ocular things), & every test avail is performed. Results are always - very healthy eyes - still blind as a bat.

Neurologically - who knows. I did sustained a major head injury many years ago which caused a big ton of problems that I've never gotten rid of...maybe it's time for some tests, I dunno :iono:

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: APRIL