Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Also, it's not always my hands that get hurt. remember how bad you hurt my heart? Ugh that was more painful than any spider bite or nerve surgery.

f0c62e47c94158c708e41fffc5b128f8.jpg

Colombian Euchre

I don't know with 100% certainty, but I'm at least 99% certain my finger was bitten by a black widow spider. It almost sent me to the dr. It was throbbing pain, my finger was swollen to nearly twice it's normal size, I was extremely fatigued fore about three days, and the gf started getting concerned because she saw me acting a bit off. That was Tuesday night. By Wednesday morning the throbbing had stopped, by saturday the swelling had gone away and by sunday I was pretty much better. then sunday night, the skin around what looks like a single bite mark started to peel off. I now have a layer of skin about the size of a dime on the tip of my finger and the depth of about two-three pieces of paper that is gone, exposing the raw red flesh below. Gotta keep that shit clean to it doesn't get infected...
Why did you not go to the doctor? That is a severe reaction. Is there any discoloration to the finger besides red/pink at the site? Did you take photos of the progression? Did it itch? I have questions!

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
Why did you not go to the doctor? That is a severe reaction. Is there any discoloration to the finger besides red/pink at the site? Did you take photos of the progression? Did it itch? I have questions!
Nah... no discoloration. Maybe twice it's normal size is a bit dramatic, but it was definitely swollen like fuck. No photos. No itching.

The reason I didn't go is this:

On Tuesday, I had a small chunk of my front tooth come off. Nothing major and it wasn't noticable when you look at it, but it felt like the grand canyon to my tongue. So, I went home and said to the gf, for your birthday tomorrow, I'll take the day off. But, I have a dentist appointment in the morning. So on my gf's birthday I had a dentist appointment to fix a slightly chipped tooth. Laying in bed tuesday night, my finger started throbbing. Went to the dentist wednesday morning, and by the time I got done there, the throbbing had stopped and it was just swollen. And I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my gf's first birthday that I get to celebrate with her in the fucking doctors office. I didn't care if my finger fell off because of it, I wasn't going to miss her god damned birthday. And it was worth it. We drove to the mountains, had a few beers, went kayaking in frigid waters, which really felt amazing on my finger... the water was about 50 degrees and I just kind of dunked my finger in there when I wasn't paddling.

And by the next day, things were staring to get better... If they weren't better by thursday, I would have gone that day.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Ugh, the older I get, the more foods give me bad stomach cramps. An allergy test said I had a mild allergy to eggs and beef; only eggs give me bad stomach cramps tho.

The pain also comes with:
Avocados
Quinoa
...and now I think Brussels sprouts are up to no good.

Fuck this shit... I like to eat! lol

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
Ugh, the older I get, the more foods give me bad stomach cramps. An allergy test said I had a mild allergy to eggs and beef; only eggs give me bad stomach cramps tho.

Avocados
Quinoa

It might be a good idea for you to not breed

Nah... no discoloration. Maybe twice it's normal size is a bit dramatic, but it was definitely swollen like fuck. No photos. No itching.

The reason I didn't go is this:

On Tuesday, I had a small chunk of my front tooth come off. Nothing major and it wasn't noticable when you look at it, but it felt like the grand canyon to my tongue. So, I went home and said to the gf, for your birthday tomorrow, I'll take the day off. But, I have a dentist appointment in the morning. So on my gf's birthday I had a dentist appointment to fix a slightly chipped tooth. Laying in bed tuesday night, my finger started throbbing. Went to the dentist wednesday morning, and by the time I got done there, the throbbing had stopped and it was just swollen. And I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my gf's first birthday that I get to celebrate with her in the fucking doctors office. I didn't care if my finger fell off because of it, I wasn't going to miss her god damned birthday. And it was worth it. We drove to the mountains, had a few beers, went kayaking in frigid waters, which really felt amazing on my finger... the water was about 50 degrees and I just kind of dunked my finger in there when I wasn't paddling.

And by the next day, things were staring to get better... If they weren't better by thursday, I would have gone that day.
Ok so, your gf just doesn't give af about your problems. :cool:

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers

Avocados
Quinoa

Don't have kids. Like, human ones.
Every pregnancy, I gained an allergy!

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Yep. You've figured it out. That's exactly how I felt.
Well seriously. It's a black widow bite + a reaction.
I wouldn't give a shit if it were my bday, if someone had been bitten by a Redback (the Black Widow here), they're going to the Dr, even if it took hours. I know my bday time could be postponed.

Last thing I'd like to happen is a death on my bday :rolleyes:
Those are so annoying.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Black widows are mostly painful, unless someone has a severe reaction to them in which case a little pain and swelling is the least of your worries. If you don't have a major reaction, you'll end up getting over it. And unless you're in danger of hospitalization, the docs probably aren't going to give you more that pain killers and something to help the swelling go down.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Black widows are mostly painful, unless someone has a severe reaction to them in which case a little pain and swelling is the least of your worries. If you don't have a major reaction, you'll end up getting over it. And unless you're in danger of hospitalization, the docs probably aren't going to give you more that pain killers and something to help the swelling go down.

Don't fuck with the black widows.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmph. Bit different when I grew up in AZ.

I remember when I got stung by a scorpion when I was 12 & I was on this mountain by myself.

I had to run to my bike on the road, and ride all the way home. I tried to hide from my mom that a scorpion got me, because I wasn't supposed to be on that mountain by myself anymore.

But, my arm turned spotted black & blue & I violently kept throwing up. I tried to say that the reason I was wearing long sleeves was cuz I just really loved this shirt. & I must have eaten something bad for the puking excuse.

So yea, I had to go to the hospital & get some shot. It wasn't anyone's bday, tho

/another fascinating childhood story

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes and APRIL