WTF Good Evening

@Mrs. Valve

Actually I've been living in this area for some 7 years now, but been going home because I get so homesick. Since my mother died I was adopted into a family who live in Mougins France, and I got some in Como in Italy. So all told I feel pretty much established over here, but if it wasn't for the breast cancer I'd be travelling a lot.

I designed a travelator that carries customers and their trollies up a gradient at supermarkets. Here in the UK, also in Switzerland, German and France. I licenced out its manufacturing and from there made a lot of money. I'm proud to have staff who are very good, loyal and hard working people. I also designed a new baggage carrying system for airports. Stuff like this which started out as a scratch on a beer mat and got worked on down the years while I studied with Open University. It's been a long hatrd slog and only these bastardising cancer cells have wreaked absolutte freakin' havoc what with several does of chemo and radiation therapy. I had a partial masectomy and a replacement rack which looks pretty damn good, and a real hair wig that makes me feel like a woman again.

My mother died in 2008 from advanced cancer. I was very close to her. Loved her so much. She died aged 44.

I'm not sharing all this as a pity party, christ no. I am telling you all how it is. And I'm a tough bitch, but ain't lost my sense of humour.

And right now I'm sipping a malt scotch.

I also lost my mom to cancer. Fuck cancer. Good to see you going strong despite the odds.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Sorry to multi-post moderators, didn't see this til now @DJBrenton

I don't likke the Green Party. I don't like any political party, but I voted cuz otherwise you don't get a say for England, and I'm a regular tax payer like everyone else (unlike my lazy arsed Greeks), serves them right for not paying their taxes, cuz that's why our country is in such a shitawful state.

I've heard of the Honey Club. Haven't been clubbing for ages.

Anyone for a Laphroig?

I don't likke the Green Party. I don't like any political party, but I voted cuz otherwise you don't get a say for England, and I'm a regular tax payer like everyone else (unlike my lazy arsed Greeks), serves them right for not paying their taxes, cuz that's why our country is in such a shitawful state.

Anyone for a Laphroig?
You'll find some whisky fans around these parts.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mrs. Valve

Anyone for a Laphroig?
I have no Laphroiag, but I'll raise an Ardbeg!

• Gravy
Reactions: AccessDenied
@Mrs. Valve

Sorry I missed the other part of your question...nothing can compare to my former way of llife on Kalymnos. The island is beautiful, but my past remains in limbo until I can return there sometime after Christmas. Kalymnos has its own airport now, it's high up at 235 m, but big enough for a small private jet to land - just. The first airport they built was on Vathi, but now it's invaded by immigrants. I feel sorry for them, and then see the damage they've done to peoples' property, but Lesbos is invaded completely. It's enough for the islanders there to fend for themselves, and then our freakin' stupid government allow our coastguards to bring more in. The immigarnt comes across from Turkey. Boat loads of them in rubber craft. I feel bad for their poor kids.

I designed a travelator that carries customers and their trollies up a gradient at supermarkets. Here in the UK, also in Switzerland, German and France. I licenced out its manufacturing and from there made a lot of money. I'm proud to have staff who are very good, loyal and hard working people. I also designed a new baggage carrying system for airports. Stuff like this which started out as a scratch on a beer mat and got worked on down the years while I studied with Open University. It's been a long hatrd slog and only these bastardising cancer cells have wreaked absolutte freakin' havoc what with several does of chemo and radiation therapy. I had a partial masectomy and a replacement rack which looks pretty damn good, and a real hair wig that makes me feel like a woman again.
So what did you study at uni?
I'm currently going through a Mech Engineering course.

On the rest of your stuff. I have a friend who is going through chemo right now for breast cancer. She's planning a double mastectomy and hysterectomy. It's very weird to me that she's discussing so much of it on social media.

I dislike social media as it often requires giving information about oneself and, I just don't have the time. No Twitter, no Wordpress and no freaking Facebook either. Again, I've no time. In 2007 I did an Open University course online and slaved away at it at night. It took a swineish 60,000 word thesis to complete and I had so many referencies to get through that I was even dreaming of being at my desk. .. anyway, I did a Masters in English Language, Literature and Journalism. So you can see I was kind of busy. Then at the beginning of this year I felt a lump. =/

My heart goes out to you friend. Tell her from me, Keep Strong.

I have now had 3 scotch whiskeys, and that is about two too many for one night.

I'm going to watch documentaries on Nazis on Netflix for the remainder of the evening.