WTF Good Evening

What is a huge waste of time is someone claiming to be 25, having had a child at 12(ish), had an adopted son who appears to have been old enough to drive (oh please do tell me about the viability assessment that you would have passed in order to get that order approved at the supposed age you are - please do. I work in social care). And to boot you're 25 with breast cancer, diabetes and a Masters you started at 17 (or so, I can't be bothered with the maths).

Yawn.

What is a huge waste of time is someone claiming to be 25, having had a child at 12(ish), had an adopted son who appears to have been old enough to drive (oh please do tell me about the viability assessment that you would have passed in order to get that order approved at the supposed age you are - please do. I work in social care). And to boot you're 25 with breast cancer, diabetes and a Masters you started at 17 (or so, I can't be bothered with the maths).

Yawn.
Just because you were homeless from 15 to like, 22, doesn't mean others weren't accomplishing stuff during that same time period.

Well I've never managed to be a teenage mother :(

Let's not get real life facts get in the way of a good yarn then. We all know 17 year olds are admitted on to Masters programs.
17yo are accepted to bachelors programs everyday and on completion of those in 3-5 years they are accepted into masters programs which take 1-2 years, at least here in the us. She said it took her 6 years I believe, which is exactly what it would take the typical engineer student in America.

Don't get so caught up on the details

17yo are accepted to bachelors programs everyday and on completion of those in 3-5 years they are accepted into masters programs which take 1-2 years, at least here in the us. She said it took her 6 years I believe, which is exactly what it would take the typical engineer student in America.

Don't get so caught up on the details
So she started her bachelors while pregnant at 12 then by your estimation?

Then took an unrelated Masters at 17, through the same university I have my degree with so know all about admissions and exclusion criteria.

I thought she started it at 17, not finished.

Also, you live close to her, go verify her and see. You seem to have a lot of expertise in areas she probably needs help in anyways.

So back to this being @AccessDenied 's AMA. Where did you obtain your Doctorate and in what? ? Did you get any snow last night? And how old was your adopted son? Also, I forgot to mention, Ardbeg is only 92 proof or as we say in the UK 46% ABV. I do prefer it to Laphraoiag these days as I'm slowly moving away from the peatier Islays.
Ardbeg Uigeadail is 54.2% ABV, which is what I happen to have.

Just as a point. If you only mention the name then it's assumed to be the 10 year old standard not one of the cask strength varieties. I was just amused at her agreement that Ardbeg is 110 proof. Also as the OP is British, proof in the UK is 1.75 x the ABV not 2 as in the USA so even the Uigedail is only 88 proof in UK speak. 110 proof over here would be about 63%ABV. That's why I commented. A Brit who knew malt whisky firstly wouldn't refer to 'malt scotch', ( It's either single malt or scotch) and secondly wouldn't consider or 'know' Ardbeg to be 110 proof.

I'm also still interested in where the OP obtained her Doctorate and what her thesis was on. I'm such a fan of education.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Just as a point. If you only mention the name then it's assumed to be the 10 year old standard not one of the cask strength varieties. I was just amused at her agreement that Ardbeg is 110 proof. Also as the OP is British, proof in the UK is 1.75 x the ABV not 2 as in the USA so even the Uigedail is only 88 proof in UK speak. 110 proof over here would be about 63%ABV. That's why I commented. A Brit who knew malt whisky firstly wouldn't refer to 'malt scotch', ( It's either single malt or scotch) and secondly wouldn't consider or 'know' Ardbeg to be 110 proof.

I'm also still interested in where the OP obtained her Doctorate and what her thesis was on. I'm such a fan of education.
Trolls can't troll here cuz Father Time is here to put all you lying Trolls in check with his knowledge