Thread GM will bring back the El Camino is 100,000 say so.

ok it's 435bhp. And why would you trash something you've spent good money on even if it is a work vehicle? I'd still like to drive something nice for work if the option is available. and the ute will keep up with a mustang GT easily. plus a 20K mustang is not going to be brand new. neither is the work truck.

Again, which Ute is over 400hp? The Falcon turbo is 362 and the Holden is 349hp.

Because you trash work trucks. Show me any contractor's vehicle and I will show you ripped and scratched and dented interiors and exteriors. They are made for work, not for cosmetics or driving prowess. I am talking about a work truck, not a daily driver to a white collar job.

Again, which Ute is over 400hp? The Falcon turbo is 362 and the Holden is 349hp.

Because you trash work trucks. Show me any contractor's vehicle and I will show you ripped and scratched and dented interiors and exteriors. They are made for work, not for cosmetics or driving prowess. I am talking about a work truck, not a daily driver to a white collar job.

I could show you tons of work trucks that are well kept. Also not everyone the uses a pickup for carrying stuff is a contractor that's carrying scratchy equipment.

Don't know where you are getting the 362bhp from. The HSV Maloo which is what they would import, is rated at 317 kilowatts (434bhp).

I could show you tons of work trucks that are well kept. Also not everyone the uses a pickup for carrying stuff is a contractor that's carrying scratchy equipment.

Don't know where you are getting the 362bhp from. The HSV Maloo which is what they would import, is rated at 317 kilowatts (434bhp).

I was just looking at the standard Holden ute. I didn't think of the Maloo. I would think they would bring over the "stock" model, not the high end special teams limited edition model.

I was just looking at the standard Holden ute. I didn't think of the Maloo. I would think they would bring over the "stock" model, not the high end special teams limited edition model.

HSV is the same to HoldenGM as SVT is to Ford. Yet HSV is more common in Australia then SVT is common here in the US. Also there is nothing "limited addition" about the Maloo. They have been making the Maloo for well over 10 years now.

HSV is the same to HoldenGM as SVT is to Ford. Yet HSV is more common in Australia then SVT is common here in the US. Also there is nothing "limited addition" about the Maloo. They have been making the Maloo for well over 10 years now.

They might have been making it for a long time, but they dont make many copies of the model. That's what makes it limited, not the run's length, but how many were sold during the run.

They might have been making it for a long time, but they dont make many copies of the model. That's what makes it limited, not the run's length, but how many were sold during the run.

We don't have the huge car market like you do over here. It's not like they are hard to come by though. Besides, the only difference between the Maloo and the standard SS ute, is the engine. Which engine the GM El Camino will get is up to GM, and they would probably go with a high HP engine.

I would love to see a work truck with a spotless and un-dented bed.

Excluding those with spray-liner of course.

Including those with spray liner. The interiors of the trucks are usually tainted as well. Rips in seats, boxes of McD's fries stuffed in the seats, etc.

We don't have the huge car market like you do over here. It's not like they are hard to come by though. Besides, the only difference between the Maloo and the standard SS ute, is the engine. Which engine the GM El Camino will get is up to GM, and they would probably go with a high HP engine.

Well the engine. And body kit. And suspension and steering tuning. And equipment packages. But yes.

I think they would go with teh same engines as the Camaro because the Ute and the Camaro uses the same chassic/platform. It would be easier for GM to get DOT and EPA certifications that way.

Last edited:
People in blue collar positions do not have a garage for their work vehicle. Nor do they drive those vehicles outside of their job. They are not cared for. They might not be "trashed" but they are certainly not meticulously maintained.

Well the engine. And body kit. And suspension and steering tuning. And equipment packages. But yes.

I think they would go with teh same engines as the Camaro because the Ute and the Camaro uses the same chassic/platform. It would be easier for GM to get DOT and EPA certifications that way.

The only certification it would need is the EPA as we differ in emissions laws. The engine, well they could put any engine they want in it as most of those engines are compatible and are already widely used over here. All the other stuff like body kit are going to be changed anyway.