Thread GM will bring back the El Camino is 100,000 say so.

I paid around 4.15 for super yesterday driving back from hilton head. that's cheaper than atlanta but only because I wasn't in downtown atlanta

In any case, I have no faith in GM's ability to compete with anyone. Ford is hands down a better brand and it's only a matter of time before GM closes shop once and for all. There won't be another big bailout for them.

ford's successful because there's a man with the family name in charge with a vested interest in keeping his legacy afloat

GM is just stockholders

Ford has stockholders too. I was one of them. Ford has more versatile products and a better business model. Ford focused on making cars, as opposed to GM which tried to control every aspect of car buying. I always chocked up their failure to making cars nobody wanted and creating GMAC to squeeze out traditional financiers, and consequently assume all the risk.

well yes but one of the biggest stockholders is bill ford himself. ford focused on making cars because that's what the man with the legacy knew would keep his company running. GM tried to become a bank and failed miserably

maybe bill ford's influence isn't as important as I think but I would like to think that it has something to do with that because it makes for a more interesting story

2q2k1tw.jpg

well I don't know where you live so I picked the closest place I knew of

either way, gas going down in your neighborhood by a couple of cents doesn't change the national average trend

Either way. The demographic that would buy a v8 sports Ute wont be turned off buying one because of the fuel prices. Any alternative still has a thirsty v8.

They may even import the v6 model also.

Either way. The demographic that would buy a v8 sports Ute wont be turned off buying one because of the fuel prices. Any alternative still has a thirsty v8.

They may even import the v6 model also.

But they are appealing to an increasingly niche market with their big v8s. When they had GMAC offering irresistible deals, they were able to entice people who are not typical v8 buyers into buying them because the financing was so good.

Now GMAC is gone. How are they going to convince non-v8 buyers that this is what they want?

But they are appealing to an increasingly niche market with their big v8s. When they had GMAC offering irresistible deals, they were able to entice people who are not typical v8 buyers into buying them because the financing was so good.

Now GMAC is gone. How are they going to convince non-v8 buyers that this is what they want?

I'm thinking more about people with pickups who would like something sporty, while retaining the functionality. And God damn there are a ton of pickups in this country.

I don't think the average pickup buyer would consider an el camino as a viable alternative though.