Thread GM will bring back the El Camino is 100,000 say so.

So is the ute.

As compared to a full fledged pickup truck? Sure, as compared to the SSR? no.

You have to understand this is not a replacement for the pickup truck. It's a mix of sports car and work truck. You can load it up on the job, then take it out on the weekend for a fun drive.

You have to understand this is not a replacement for the pickup truck. It's a mix of sports car and work truck. You can load it up on the job, then take it out on the weekend for a fun drive.
I would rather get a cheap and more utilitarian and useful truck for the work week so you don't have to care what you just throw in the back and a cheap fun runabout for the weekends. $10K F-150 and a $20K miata > $30K ute.

The SSR has a similar towing capacity and bed capacity than a Ute. Arguably just as good at handling and speed as well with the 400hp LS3

The SSR has a similar towing capacity and bed capacity than a Ute. Arguably just as good at handling and speed as well with the 400hp LS3

The SSR has a tiny bed. No way the handling from the SSR is as good as the ute. Plus the SSR is absolutely hideous.

I would rather get a cheap and more utilitarian and useful truck for the work week so you don't have to care what you just throw in the back and a cheap fun runabout for the weekends. $10K F-150 and a $20K miata > $30K ute.

you are comparing driving a miata with a v8 ute. not even close. people who like driving miata's will never buy a 450hp ute, and visa-versa. Totally different cars, totally different driving experience.

And why own 2 cars if you don't have to?

you are comparing driving a miata with a v8 ute. not even close. people who like driving miata's will never buy a 450hp ute, and visa-versa. Totally different cars, totally different driving experience.

And why own 2 cars if you don't have to?
ok, $10K F-150 and a $20K Mustang.

Because you can trash the work truck with, work. And you can have fun with a sports car, because it's designed exclusively as a sports car, not a compromise.

And please show me a 450hp ute.

ok it's 435bhp. And why would you trash something you've spent good money on even if it is a work vehicle? I'd still like to drive something nice for work if the option is available. and the ute will keep up with a mustang GT easily. plus a 20K mustang is not going to be brand new. neither is the work truck.