For those of you interested

I honestly bit my tongue over the posts since my last one scolding someone about this on page 1 ...no matter how it happened, THE GUY IS DEAD, have some fucking respect....how would any of you feel if you were trashed like this posthumously??? eh??? EH???
fucking sickening imo

why_ask_why said:
I honestly bit my tongue over the posts since my last one scolding someone about this on page 1 ...no matter how it happened, THE GUY IS DEAD, have some fucking respect....how would any of you feel if you were trashed like this posthumously??? eh??? EH???
fucking sickening imo

Really, 90% of the time I act like a jack ass for kicks, but that's disgusting. People wouldnt have brought it up here if they didnt care, and how do people here respond? Like "shit bags." :rolleyes:

Remember kids: "This isnt genmay." :tard:

Last edited:
Well in general when people meantion that so and so commited suicide then most are going to say they took the pussy way out of life. Either because they have never been to the point to where it actually seems logical, or religious reasons. I woudn't say its a genmay or a Internet forum thing at all, its just life experiences.

yeah, but i thought this place was supposed to be better than that, right?

I mean, that's what everyone's built it up as. What a let down. Looks like there's a certain lack of maturity when it's called for.

why_ask_why said:
fucking sickening imo
I think it really depends on your beliefs. I believe that there is no way the dude has any idea what people are saying, so commenting on a possible suicide has no bearing on his "afterlife."

If he didn't kill himself, then it truly is a tragic story. However, if he did, then the dude was a douche. I don't care what point you're at in your life, there is always help. Suicide is a selfish, maddening act. In fact, by calling him out on it, I'm standing up for the people in his life that loved him, while he cast them aside for some temporary problem. It's disgusting.

El Borracho said:
yeah, but i thought this place was supposed to be better than that, right?

I mean, that's what everyone's built it up as. What a let down. Looks like there's a certain lack of maturity when it's called for.
Are you looking for an elitest forum full of pro-suiciders?

fly said:
I think it really depends on your beliefs. I believe that there is no way the dude has any idea what people are saying, so commenting on a possible suicide has no bearing on his "afterlife."

If he didn't kill himself, then it truly is a tragic story. However, if he did, then the dude was a douche. I don't care what point you're at in your life, there is always help. Suicide is a selfish, maddening act. In fact, by calling him out on it, I'm standing up for the people in his life that loved him, while he cast them aside for some temporary problem. It's disgusting.

I think what the others are saying is that it is one thing to disapprove of suicide, it is another to completely trash someone for something they do. The former is a belief and understandable. The later is simply picking on someone that can not defend themselves at all. Typically I don't like that, because it makes me more prone to do it, as well. Once I start bashing someone behind their back, I have no reason to hope that nobody will do that to me.

Granted, there is no way you could tell him now that suicide is bad. Just like there is no way to warn so many people that drugs can in fact kill you. What do you do?

taeric said:
I think what the others are saying is that it is one thing to disapprove of suicide, it is another to completely trash someone for something they do. The former is a belief and understandable. The later is simply picking on someone that can not defend themselves at all. Typically I don't like that, because it makes me more prone to do it, as well. Once I start bashing someone behind their back, I have no reason to hope that nobody will do that to me.

Granted, there is no way you could tell him now that suicide is bad. Just like there is no way to warn so many people that drugs can in fact kill you. What do you do?
I don't see it as picking on someone, but maybe that's just me. I see it more of me doing my VERY tiny part of getting the message out about suicide. Maybe someone takes what I and others here have written. Maybe they are thinking about suicide now, or maybe they will in the future. Maybe then, they will think about what people think about the act and how it affects the people left behind.

I think the worst thing that someone could do would be to clam up on the issue of suicide, for any reason.

oh yeah, and I could give two shits if people talk about me behind my back. As everybody does. It should be an accepted part of human nature. I just wish I understood why we try to deny it.

fly said:
I don't see it as picking on someone, but maybe that's just me. I see it more of me doing my VERY tiny part of getting the message out about suicide. Maybe someone takes what I and others here have written. Maybe they are thinking about suicide now, or maybe they will in the future. Maybe then, they will think about what people think about the act and how it affects the people left behind.

I think the worst thing that someone could do would be to clam up on the issue of suicide, for any reason.

oh yeah, and I could give two shits if people talk about me behind my back. As everybody does. It should be an accepted part of human nature. I just wish I understood why we try to deny it.

And most people that commit suicide could give two shits about what anyone in the world thinks. I mean, they are voluntarily leaving it. :)

The catch is, it is far more helpful to show sadness that someone chose suicide and that there is regret the people didn't try another path, than it is to bash them for what they did. All bashing the choise does is cause even more insecurity for those that might be at that stage. I mean, if I were feeling somewhat suicidal, thinking about how everyone that has done it was fucking railed would definitely prevent me from seeking help, as I'd be afraid of getting looked down upon. Knowing that there were options, though, would possibly convince me to take those options. Especially if I knew some friends were sympathetic to people in that situation. I may even contact one of them for help. Make sense?

Edit: And I don't mean to speak for the others. This is my view, now. If others share it, all the better.

of course suicide is lame, that goes without saying...and what kind of moron would think he could "hear" us? :confused:
calling a dead guy who obviously had serious problems a douche or some other derogatory remark is just too low for me to stomach without saying something however

taeric said:
And most people that commit suicide could give two shits about what anyone in the world thinks. I mean, they are voluntarily leaving it. :)

The catch is, it is far more helpful to show sadness that someone chose suicide and that there is regret the people didn't try another path, than it is to bash them for what they did. All bashing the choise does is cause even more insecurity for those that might be at that stage. I mean, if I were feeling somewhat suicidal, thinking about how everyone that has done it was fucking railed would definitely prevent me from seeking help, as I'd be afraid of getting looked down upon. Knowing that there were options, though, would possibly convince me to take those options. Especially if I knew some friends were sympathetic to people in that situation. I may even contact one of them for help. Make sense?

Edit: And I don't mean to speak for the others. This is my view, now. If others share it, all the better.

You raise a very good point. Tough love or caring love? Personally, I would hope that the individual would be able to differentiate between the help of a trained professional and the scorn of an internet person (or even, friend). Either way, its two different avenues I guess, with the same end goal.

why_ask_why said:
of course suicide is lame, that goes without saying...and what kind of moron would think he could "hear" us? :confused:
calling a dead guy who obviously had serious problems a douche or some other derogatory remark is just too low for me to stomach without saying something however
I feel you misconstrued at least my point. It was not specifically to belittle him, but to belittle the act of suicide.

fly said:
You raise a very good point. Tough love or caring love? Personally, I would hope that the individual would be able to differentiate between the help of a trained professional and the scorn of an internet person (or even, friend). Either way, its two different avenues I guess, with the same end goal.

And that is exactly why I ignored it until someone else touched upon it. :)

why_ask_why said:
tampon jokes are ALWAYS in good taste :fly:

I've never tried tasting the things. I've heard that, despite common jokes, they do not taste like cherry popsicles.

:)