For those of you interested

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
Marklar
₥157
Since the other thread got locked and some of you seemed interested in the story, yea, apparently scottypop died. He went missing and there were articles about the search, then this popped up:

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/s_397303.html

There's a big thread about it on genmay, never read through it all, Most of it was people calling other people douchbags, as usual, which is why I didn't make it very far in the thread, but speculation I guess was that it was suicide over the breakup with his girlfriend. Stupid reason, I know, but still sad that it happened. He was a damn cool guy and I'll miss gaming with him.

Yep. but then again suicide is a point that you just have to be at during some point in your life for you to understand. Its sad that he had to go and carry it out.

Who is he? I've never seen [M] make such a big deal over someone, and well that's 3 different people on here talking about him.

I know there was a guy on [M] with that name, but don't know anything that made him stand out

Coqui said:
Who is he? I've never seen [M] make such a big deal over someone, and well that's 3 different people on here talking about him.

I know there was a guy on [M] with that name, but don't know anything that made him stand out
iirc, he was like a 1k. an original. I used to play Desert Combat with him. The dude was funny. :(

fly said:
iirc, he was like a 1k. an original. I used to play Desert Combat with him. The dude was funny. :(
scottypop was definitely a cool guy, had a great sense of humor, yeah he was like 1700 something UID - a lot of us may have trouble remembering him because he was really active when he first registered, then he went inactiveish for a long time around genmay's late 2003 early 2004 boom, then he came back to being really active right around the time all of us jumped ship

In the end, he rocked a Mr. Burns' (from the simpsons) avatar which I really respected - 'cause I dig that "i'm gonna stay loyal to what I like no matter how old or worn out something is" - if only his girlfriend had kept the same attitude ....