Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Nope, it's literally what long covid is like. There's thousands of articles out about it. Not weird at all.

BUT YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU HAD COVIIIIID

giphy.gif

also, the last time you doubted this whole thing we all know how it turned out

maybe MAAAAYBEEE you have something else.
you gawd damn stubborn Brit

With the mass influx of doses reported as incoming this month I'm still thinking I'll have my first shot by the end of the month.

Well after the morbidly obese and other people I'm stuck behind in the tiers.

600 pounders who eat Burger King 24x7 should be tier 8000000000

I wonder if they will use an industrial jackhammer to get through the 47 layers of bacon on your arm...

Super curious, let me know

• Haha
Reactions: Peppers and fly
Obvious sure, but maybe not the best. For one, old people are generally down the transmission line. If you can stop the line before it gets to them - they won't die. Also, vaccine/immune escape is a real possibility, so again, vaccinating the people who are higher up the transmission chain prevents the virus from doing more experiments.

There is no real way to test this, nor time to educate the public - so we go with the simple plan.

Latest poll I found (fwiw) still says 1/3 of people "probably or definitely" won't take it with younger people being around 4 in 10.
Theres no vax for minors so you can throw them in the spreader group too.
So imo it still makes the most sense to do those at highest risk first and work your way down as there's just not quite enough people overall and damn sure not enough at the young end of the scale to justify putting people with lower health risks at a higher priority. Just ain't enough of them to put a big enough dent in it.

covid1-768x651.jpg

Latest poll I found (fwiw) still says 1/3 of people "probably or definitely" won't take it with younger people being around 4 in 10.
So imo it still makes the most sense to do those at highest risk first and work your way down as there's just not quite enough people overall and damn sure not enough at the young end of the scale to justify putting people with lower health risks at a higher priority. Just ain't enough of them to put a big enough dent in it.

View attachment 13794
wow, we're fucked.

edit: or rather... theyre fucked. Ill be happy and healthy as soon as my whole family gets it, they can go and die if they want.

wow, we're fucked.

edit: or rather... theyre fucked. Ill be happy and healthy as soon as my whole family gets it, they can go and die if they want.

Steer clear of uneducated republicans under 50 and you'll be fine.

View attachment 13794
I don't know which way is correct. All I'm saying that is that there's more than one way to vaccinate people. Hell the UK is trying a completely untested experiment by trying to get as many people as possible a single dose (which could also help the virus with immune escape). It will likely be fine, but there's zero solid data yet.

And all of this discussion will likely be moot in the next four weeks anyway. Between the three vaccines, we'll have enough to *fully* (including the two dose vaccines) vaccinate 130M people. IIRC, that would get us to the possibility of 160M people vaccinated, which is nearly 100% of the people who want it - if that survey actually pans out to reality.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I don't know which way is correct. All I'm saying that is that there's more than one way to vaccinate people. Hell the UK is trying a completely untested experiment by trying to get as many people as possible a single dose (which could also help the virus with immune escape). It will likely be fine, but there's zero solid data yet.

And all of this discussion will likely be moot in the next four weeks anyway. Between the three vaccines, we'll have enough to *fully* (including the two dose vaccines) vaccinate 130M people. IIRC, that would get us to the possibility of 160M people vaccinated, which is nearly 100% of the people who want it - if that survey actually pans out to reality.

I'd expect some policy and procedure changes after this settles down and they can really dig in to how it all went down. It's likely better in the long run that different places are handling it different ways now.

As far as 160M people here that's at best half the population. From what they know covid is mostly just a little bump in the road for kids. Nowhere near the risks and problems of older folks though they can't know much about long term effects yet. They're still little people the stuff can keep spreading and mutating in and spreading some more.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Of course. But I was referencing your stat. That's about the amount of people the pollsters say want it. So we may be done-ish by May.
Doña Ana County is now being sued by a prison guard over its directive that in order to maintain employment, he must get vaccinated when possible:

We'll see how quickly the Republicans backstep on their whole "at will" employment when the shoe is on that particular foot. It may also increase vaccine uptake.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly
Doña Ana County is now being sued by a prison guard over its directive that in order to maintain employment, he must get vaccinated when possible:

We'll see how quickly the Republicans backstep on their whole "at will" employment when the shoe is on that particular foot. It may also increase vaccine uptake.
I haven't heard about this one, but all I can say is: AWESOME. Everything I've heard says that workplaces can require vaccination.

:nev:

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I haven't heard about this one, but all I can say is: AWESOME. Everything I've heard says that workplaces can require vaccination.

:nev:
Yeah, the whole premise of "at will" means employers can fire you for just about anything. Every state except Montana is "at will" in the US.

My parents are aghast, since they assumed at-will stuff would never turn against them, and only be used to keep them gays and racial minorities in check.

The president just said we could potentially have enough vaccines for every American by the end of May. Good. Get vaccinated people. I want to take my mask off and go fishing in Canada this summer.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly